This is going to be fun to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
    Let's face it, both sides abuse their powers at pretty much all levels. Can't help but think we are headed toward a serious Constitutional crisis and some form of civil war if this continues. Executive orders, selective enforcement of laws, targeting, etc. We're outraged when the other side defies what we agree with but defend our side when the situation is reversed.

Personally, I think it is a bogus request that would deploy the Oregon national guard to defend our southern border with Mexico when we are not in a war time. I don't blame them. Now with regard to the sanctuary cities and cutting off federal resources, I completely agree with the President.

Bottom line is that holding the other side to a standard that we don't hold our own side to and getting angry about it seems like a waste of energy. We might be better off holding our own side to a higher standard of leadership starting with the guy in the WH.
    All politicians are POS's

But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution.

It's NOT opinion if it's good or bad to let illegals enter the Country. We have laws for immigrants and for good reason. They were not just made up one day for fun. We have the 2nd amendment for a reason. You can have whatever opinion you want on gay marriage, making drugs legal, if men should be able to identify as girls etc.

So what is the right doing that's so bad? Please enlighten me.

Comment

Personally, I think it is a bogus request that would deploy the Oregon national guard to defend our southern border with Mexico when we are not in a war time.
      The highlighted words should explain it all.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
        The highlighted words should explain it all.

DJ
        That about sums it up.

Comment

Let's face it, both sides abuse their powers at pretty much all levels. Can't help but think we are headed toward a serious Constitutional crisis and some form of civil war if this continues. Executive orders, selective enforcement of laws, targeting, etc. We're outraged when the other side defies what we agree with but defend our side when the situation is reversed.

Personally, I think it is a bogus request that would deploy the Oregon national guard to defend our southern border with Mexico when we are not in a war time. I don't blame them. Now with regard to the sanctuary cities and cutting off federal resources, I completely agree with the President.

Bottom line is that holding the other side to a standard that we don't hold our own side to and getting angry about it seems like a waste of energy. We might be better off holding our own side to a higher standard of leadership starting with the guy in the WH.
          We have been in a constitutional crisis for the last 15 months with a bogus investigation that's only purpose is to remove an elected president. As for deploying the National guard, this is nothing new and certainly nothing remotely close to causing a constitutional crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            All politicians are POS's

But please list what Republicans do or try to do that's against the constitution.

It's NOT opinion if it's good or bad to let illegals enter the Country. We have laws for immigrants and for good reason. They were not just made up one day for fun. We have the 2nd amendment for a reason. You can have whatever opinion you want on gay marriage, making drugs legal, if men should be able to identify as girls etc.

So what is the right doing that's so bad? Please enlighten me.
            Your first and last sentences kind of make my point. They’re all POS’s….but what is “so bad” about the right. That’s because we agree with their politics.

Illegal immigration across our southern borders is already at a historic low, thanks to Trump. Now he wants to mobilize the National Guard and send them to the border to further protect us? This is nothing but a political stunt.

As for your other comment, it isn’t so much against the constitution as it manipulating its boundaries and interpretation. Executive orders are routinely abused by both sides. Both sides are pro states rights when it suits them and vice versa when it doesn’t. So why do we get so upset at what the other side does then defend it when our side does the same thing? They aren’t going to change their behavior because we don’t like it. And politicians on our side aren't going to change their behavior if we defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Just need to refuse to send a penny in federal funding for anything to any state that refuses to live up to their federal responsibilities.
              Then, jail any elected official who refuses the same.
              Liberals are terrible people who apparently hope this country ends up like the dirt poor crap south of our border
              I don't know what the penalty can be for refusing to enforce federal law, but they should receive the MAX. time to make examples out of a few of them.

Comment

Your first and last sentences kind of make my point. They’re all POS’s….but what is “so bad” about the right. That’s because we agree with their politics.

Illegal immigration across our southern borders is already at a historic low, thanks to Trump. Now he wants to mobilize the National Guard and send them to the border to further protect us? This is nothing but a political stunt.

As for your other comment, it isn’t so much against the constitution as it manipulating its boundaries and interpretation. Executive orders are routinely abused by both sides. Both sides are pro states rights when it suits them and vice versa when it doesn’t. So why do we get so upset at what the other side does then defend it when our side does the same thing? They aren’t going to change their behavior because we don’t like it. And politicians on our side aren't going to change their behavior if we defend it.
                This past March had an increase of almost 200% from March of 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  This past March had an increase of almost 200% from March of 2017.
                  March 2017 was the lowest month in decades and it only April 5, 2018. That 200% is a guestimate based on a 37% increase in the number rejected at and caught illegally crossing the border.

But that isn't the point, I want our immigration laws enforced too. But suggesting this jump justifies state national guards from our northernmost states to be deployed as powerless monitors is crazy.

This whole thing is just a ploy because our president has a bruised ego from being unable to get his wall funded. The wall he repeatedly and foolishly promised the American people that Mexico would pay for.

Comment

March 2017 was the lowest month in decades and it only April 5, 2018. That 200% is a guestimate based on a 37% increase in the number rejected at and caught illegally crossing the border.

But that isn't the point, I want our immigration laws enforced too. But suggesting this jump justifies state national guards from our northernmost states to be deployed as powerless monitors is crazy.

This whole thing is just a ploy because our president has a bruised ego from being unable to get his wall funded. The wall he repeatedly and foolishly promised the American people that Mexico would pay for.
                    Just in case anyone's wondering where we've gone since the beginning.
                    The wall is just a metaphor, not a real thing
                    The wall is totally a real thing
                    Mexico is going to pay for it
                    Mexico is going to reimburse us at a later date after we impose import taxes
                    Congress will pay for the wall and Mexico will reimburse us
                    Congress will pay for the wall
                    The wall will pay for itself from all the economic winning
                    The military will pay for the wall
                    The military is the wall <----- We are here

Italics because I didn't write this

Comment

It did get him elected so maybe the jokes on us. Foolish would be falling for that empty campaign promise.

Comment

She just farting in the wind. The President of the United States is the commander-in-chief of the state National Guard militias "when called into the actual Service of the United States." (Article II, Section 2). Once activated the president is now commander in chief over the guard as they are now fully an active part of the US armed forces and the governor no longer has any authority over their deployment. She has no more authority over anything the guard does at this point. No command officer of the guard will go against the presidents orders else they end up in Leavenworth stockade and be dishonorably booted from the military and lose all retirement and benefits.
                        In Texas only the Texas State Guard is commanded solely by the governor. They are not National Guard which are federal troops commanded by the governor only until activated by the president.
                        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 04-06-2018, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
                          It did get him elected so maybe the jokes on us. Foolish would be falling for that empty campaign promise.
                          I think what got him elected was going up against the worst, most corrupt candidate in modern presidential history. Yes on your second point.

Comment

What should he do, throw in the towel? It's not like he's getting any help from any of the other filthy politicians. They would rather see our country go down in flames than to allow President Trump be successful. I applaud him for staying in the fight and continue to take the beating he's been taking.

#MAGA #GoTrump

Comment

I'm asking for examples so I can show you my point.

So tell me what the right does that's bad in liberal eyes.

Comment

This is actually great if you stop and think. It's 10,000 times better than any other politician would have done which is to just go into more debt and build the wall. At least Trump is trying hard to get it built without us paying for it.

I swear you guys hate Trump so much you can't even see straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X