No announcement yet.

2018 Gardening thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds germinating fast! We just planted these Saturday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I may be a little behind the ball here but I'd like to start a few seeds for our garden just to see if I can do it successfully. This year I would like to start some tomatoes, bell pepper and jalapeno plants.

My question is, being along the coast, what would be the best varieties to grow, and where do you get the seeds

Banded Drake Custom Calls

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
        I may be a little behind the ball here but I'd like to start a few seeds for our garden just to see if I can do it successfully. This year I would like to start some tomatoes, bell pepper and jalapeno plants.

My question is, being along the coast, what would be the best varieties to grow, and where do you get the seeds

Banded Drake Custom Calls

Wilhite Seed,
        Poolville Texas.
        Order the catalog.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
          I double stacked two treated 2x6's.
          Be careful with treated. All those chemicals will leach into your soil

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My garden is well watered. 2" yesterday with rain returning tomorrow and most of the next 10 days. Hopefully can make it till spring without another heavy ice event which melted the broccoli , cauliflower and most everything else in garden earlier.

Comment

Yea, about the only thing that would grow in our garden spot right now is Lilly Pads!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Yea, about the only thing that would grow in our garden spot right now is Lilly Pads!

Comment

I want to start a garden this season but am wondering if it's too late to start germinating seeds? I'd like to plant a 4'x8' bed for salsa (tomatoes, tomatillos, Anaheim chilis, and jalapenos) and then another bed for grape tomatoes, maybe some squash/zucchini, okra, etc). If I planted seeds within the next week, would I be good to go for a mid-March planting?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                    I want to start a garden this season but am wondering if it's too late to start germinating seeds? I'd like to plant a 4'x8' bed for salsa (tomatoes, tomatillos, Anaheim chilis, and jalapenos) and then another bed for grape tomatoes, maybe some squash/zucchini, okra, etc). If I planted seeds within the next week, would I be good to go for a mid-March planting?

Unless you have hard to find varieties, you may just look at grabbing seedlings from a nursery. The selections at places like Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Calloways have gotten really good. They typically aren’t very expensive either.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                      Unless you have hard to find varieties, you may just look at grabbing seedlings from a nursery. The selections at places like Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Calloways have gotten really good. They typically aren’t very expensive either.

This is what me and my wife do every year!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

My version of grow lights, lol!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dam good idea

Comment

Love that idea!

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post

I actually just got back from picking up a couple more broccoli and brussel sprouts today from Lowe’s. The Bonnie plants are good and Calloways always has Chef Jeff, his heirloom stuff does great if you don’t have time to start from seed.

Lowe’s also has a bunch of nutrient mix and pest stuff on 75% off. Got a bag of bone meal and some organic feed for $1.99 each today

Comment

What's the dimensions on that? I don't see any

Comment

Working...
                                X