X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

I don't believe you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha he is a good neighbor to have. Should have lots of quality deer around this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
      Haha he is a good neighbor to have. Should have lots of quality deer around this year.

Heck yeah he is! I think I've killed more deer on that ranch than he has. He may be a closet tree hugger that just enjoys being one with nature lol

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
        Way too much cactus in those pics. I think your turning into a Southtexan...[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm a predator of opportunity that doesn't discriminate on location. I'll kill them in my driveway if they'll stand still long enough lol

Comment

I'm a predator of opportunity that doesn't discriminate on location. I'll kill them in my driveway if they'll stand still long enough lol

Or the back yard

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
            Or the back yard

I've seen me do it!

Comment

There it is the swing in the background takes the cake

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                There it is the swing in the background takes the cake

I skinned that sucker on that same swing set

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. You gotta use what's available. My own father has skinned deer on a swing set inside the Houston city limits.

Comment

My dad and I are going Monday to look at some property butting up to the Davy Crockett. Wish us luck!!!

Comment

Hung a few Op's off a swing set too...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big catfish from the '80's-0005.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	24505628

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Hung a few Op's off a swing set too...

[ATTACH]866142[/ATTACH]

Yes sir! Cut the tails and bleed them into a bucket. Place blood on cookie sheets and let it dry a little. Use for blues and channels after that!

Comment

Yes sir! Cut the tails and bleed them into a bucket. Place blood on cookie sheets and let it dry a little. Use for blues and channels after that!

Shhhhhh!!! You ain't 'spos'd ta give away all our East Texas secrets!

Comment

People Dont Scare Deer HUNTERS DO!

Several years ago, I climbed 30ft up a big slick redoak in the DCNF with my climbing stand.. It was a perfect October evening and i had sneaked away from work for a quick evening hunt about 4 miles from my home in Ratcliff.

I saw several deer milling through the hardwood along an old fence line as the evening progressed. Just about prime time, I heard the steady crunch of leaves as a deer came my way. He was coming fast and caught glimpses of him through the limbs. BIG DEER! He closed to 20yds and was about to walk clear. I started my draw... I dont know what he saw or heard but he turned wrong side out and bolted out to about 50yds before turning to look. It was a big five year old 8pt that I knew well. The gig was up and he left in a hurry as I let down. I grinned to myself as i gathered my stuff to go home.

Two mornings later, was sitting on my front porch drinking coffee with my wife. I leaned over the porch rail and pulled a tick off that old bucks ear. I told you i knew him well. My neighbors ran over his mother when he was an infant and brought him home to raise on a bottle. Bucky was a super pet and loved for me to get the ticks out from around his antler bases. I fed him in the yard daily, yet four miles from home that sucker busted me as I drew! Of course I wouldnt have shot once i recognized him but i have a dozen stories about big deer that had little fear of people yet survived hunters year after year.

PS.. Bucky survived hunters in the DCNF until he was seven before getting hit by a car right by the store in Ratcliff.
                            Last edited by GarGuy; 08-12-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              People Dont Scare Deer HUNTERS DO!

Several years ago, I climbed 30ft up a big slick redoak in the DCNF with my climbing stand.. It was a perfect October evening and i had sneaked away from work for a quick evening hunt about 4 miles from my home in Ratcliff.

I saw several deer milling through the hardwood along an old fence line as the evening progressed. Just about prime time, I heard the steady crunch of leaves as a deer came my way. He was coming fast and caught glimpses of him through the limbs. BIG DEER! He closed to 20yds and was about to walk clear. I started my draw... I dont know what he saw or heard but he turned wrong side out and bolted out to about 50yds before turning to look. It was a big five year old 8pt that I knew well. The gig was up and he left in a hurry as I let down. I grinned to myself as i gathered my stuff to go home.

Two mornings later, was sitting on my front porch drinking coffee with my wife. I leaned over the porch rail and pulled a tick off that old bucks ear. I told you i knew him well. My neighbors ran over his mother when he was an infant and brought him home to raise on a bottle. Bucky was a super pet and loved for me to get the ticks out from around his antler bases. I fed him in the yard daily, yet four miles from home that sucker busted me as I drew! Of course I wouldnt have shot once i recognized him but i have a dozen stories about big deer that had little fear of people yet survived hunters year after year.

PS.. Bucky survived hunters in the DCNF until he was seven before getting hit by a car right by the store in Ratcliff.

Love seeing new posts on this thread! Was that the same neighbor that had the old buck come back once it was over the hill? Obviously not Bucky but that story needs telling if it hadn't been already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

love these stories Steve!
                                although it just confirms what I've said all along, deer are way smarter than us hunters!

Comment

Working...
                                X