If you had to pick one knife...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post
    everyday carry, case folder all the way. hunting knife, i prefer a custom made or knives of Alaska fixed blade dual combo

GF just bought be the Alaska two knife kit . CRAZY sharp look to using them soon .

Comment

Browning model 810, is a folding knife but the best I've ever owned.
      Has a nice 4 1/2" blade that holds a good edge but yet easy to sharpen. Guess they don't make it any more but rather a two-blade version.
      When I go hunting, this is the one I grab.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
        Of the ones you listed, I'd pick the ZT. Those things are built to take a beating and they hold up really, really well. Made of good steel, too.

Only thing is - they are heavy as crud.
        I'll second this. Of the four listed, I'm partial to ZTs...so much so that I own 4 of them. My EDC is the ZT 0770CF. Downside to such a high quality knife is they are pricey, and they are a PITA to sharpen b/c of the steel hardness but their edge retention is stellar. I own many knife brands but ZTs are my favorite.
        Last edited by JonBoy; 08-02-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Well I might be a little biased, but I'd say one of MINE!!!

ZT makes good knives, like others have said though, they're heavy! Had one and sold it pretty quick! The SOG looks cool and s30v is a good steel if it's heat treated right (pain in the butt to sharpen!) When I'm not carrying one of my own, I carry an old carbon steel case trapper in my pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            My EDC knife is a Havalon duel blade. It has a regular pocket knife blade and a replaceable scalpel blade. I like it best because I can’t sharpen things worth a crap, so when the scalpel blade gets dull, I just put a new one in!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            This - Havalon hard to beat nowdays

Comment

iv'e been hunting over 55 years,,, i have cleaned a lot of animals and used and owned a lot of knives,,,, 3 stand out well above all the others,,,

gerber gator folding knife with or without the gut hook,, i have both,,,, both are over 30 years old

folding kershaw black horse, i bought it for my father in law and it came back to me after he passed away it is at least 30 years old still sharp and i love the grip however i am not sure if it is still made or not,,,

the browning kodiak,, if i ever need to but another hunting knife this is the one,, i bought one for a friend 20+ years ago,,, it has been great,,, very simply 1 blade can not do all things,,, but one knife with 3 well designed blades darn sure make sure you don't have to go looking for another one

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                I'll second this. Of the four listed, I'm partial to ZTs...so much so that I own 4 of them. My EDC is the ZT 0770CF. Downside to such a high quality knife is they are pricey, and they are a PITA to sharpen b/c of the steel hardness but their edge retention is stellar. I own many knife brands but ZTs are my favorite.
                Do you need a special kind of sharpener to get one of these sharp?

Comment

Would take the SOG out of the ones listed. Gerber would be in last place not a fan of their knifes

Comment

Miller brothers, but kind of hard to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by jmw View Post
                      Do you need a special kind of sharpener to get one of these sharp?
                      No just lots of patience

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ka-Bar MK1

Comment

What is this communist china?? I've have as many knives as I want...

Comment

If only one....this Leatherman, but not serrated. The screwdrivers are so handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One knife would be the case large trapper, preferably one made in the 70's or before. I have an original Blackjack with the stag handle and a couple of Muelas which are a close second. My Muela Gazapo is my go to Skinner.

Comment

I would say it is. Just saying.
                                Originally posted by osochuck View Post
                                If only one....this Leatherman, but not serrated. The screwdrivers are so handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X