X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Tuesday)

Daily Bible Portion - 3 of 7
    "INFECTED ONES"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 14:1-15:33, 2 Kings 7:3-20, Hebrews 13:4, Matthew 9:20-26, Luke 17:1-37)

Christ Jesus made a way for us through His death and shed blood on the stake/cross. Now we can choose to walk in that life. It is not what we believe that will make the difference but what we do. Obedience to His Word and the pursuit of it in our hearts as a lifestyle is what really counts and brings the blessings. That is how we glorify His Name.

Philippians 4:9 "The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."

In this study we are learning how to be cleansed from an unclean affliction. Christ's death at the cross set us free from the law of sin and death and visually showed us the way to the law of life. This is what He came to reveal to us. The way to the Tree of Life has always been with us but because of our sinful state we could not 'see' it. This gift of life has been given through the Living Torah, which is Jesus. The living word is the Gospel. Jesus cannot separate His Word from Himself. His Life is contained in His Word – the Gospel.

Galatians 3:7-9 "Understand, then, that those who are of faith [obey by keeping the way, instruction, Torah] are children of Abraham. The Scripture [Yeshua – the word made flesh] foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles [Nations] by faith [keeping the way], and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: 'All nations will be blessed through you.' So those who have faith [by keeping the way] are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith."

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice [Jesus, the Word made flesh (John 1:14,John 10:27-28)], and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws[Torah/Instructions].

Genesis 18:18-19 "Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I have chosen him [due to his obedience (Gen 26:5)], that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD[Obeying Torah/Instructions] by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring to Abraham what he has promised him."

Exodus 12:49 One law [Torah/Instruction] shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you."

Leviticus 24:22 You shall have the same law[Torah/Instruction] for the stranger and for one from your own country; for I am the LORD your God."'

Numbers 15:16 One law [Torah/Instruction] and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you."

Numbers 15:29 You shall have one law [Torah/Instruction] for him who sins unintentionally, for him who is native-born among the children of Israel and for the stranger who dwells among them.

James 4:12 There is one Lawgiver,[Yeshua/Jesus] who is able to save and to destroy....

Genesis 49:10 The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor a lawgiver[Yeshua/Jesus] from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes; And to Him shall be the obedience of the people.

What does Paul teach?

1 Corinthians 10:5-6 Yet after all this most of them did not obey God, and he destroyed them in the wilderness. From this lesson we are warned that we must not desire evil things as they did,

1 Corinthians 11:29-30 for a person who eats and drinks [Covenant] without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment upon himself. This is why many among you are weak and sick, and some have died!

What about Gentiles?

Romans 16:25-26 God is able to make you strong, just as the Good News says. It is the message about Jesus Christ and his plan for you Gentiles, a plan kept secret from the beginning of time. But now as the prophets foretold and as the eternal God has commanded, this message is made known to ALL Gentiles everywhere, so that they might believe and OBEY Christ [The Living Word/Torah of God.]

Where is Paul teaching from? The Torah Of Yeshua Messiah!

Deuteronomy 28 "If you fully obey Yahweh your God and carefully follow all His commandments I give you today, all these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey Yahweh your God. However, if you do not obey Yahweh your God and do not carefully follow all His commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you."

What about Peter's warning to believers?

2 Peter 3:15-17 Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He [Paul] writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction. Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may NOT be carried away by the error of LAWLESS men and fall from your secure position.

What about Jude (Judah)?

Jude 1:4-5 I say this because some godless teachers have wormed their way in among you, saying that after we become Christians we can do just as we like without fear of God's punishment. The fate of such people was written long ago, for they have turned against our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. My answer to them is: Remember this fact--which you know already--that the Lord saved a whole nation [mixed multitude] of people out of the land of Egypt and then killed every one of them who did not trust and obey him.

In the story of Zacchaeus from Luke 19 (first mentioned in Leviticus 1:1) we see Jesus taking the time to share with sinners what sin is and how to deal with their issues in such a way that people want to take responsibility for it in their lives. These lessons found in the last bible portion and this bible portion are Christ's original lessons that teach us how to be responsible for our own sin and how to have eternal life. The choice of life or death is literally being placed into our hands. "Free Will"

Since the foundation of the world, Jesus has made the way for us by the shedding of His blood offered for our sin. Now He has comforted us by dwelling in us. This is the power of the Holy Spirit that helps us overcome the temptation - of any sin (Revelation 13:8). Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. None of us are without sin. Now it is up to us to be responsible to resist all sin. It is doable. These instructions in Leviticus are the tools to begin making restitution and to walk in the power of our redemption. This is what the Gospel message is all about.

Faith brings the birthright; obedience brings the blessings.

continues tomorrow...

Something my favorite deacon told me years ago when I was converting:

Preach the gospel at all times and when necessary use words

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy it a lot.

Comment

All the Glory to Him.

Comment

Working...
        X