Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on tack strips/shark teeth

Hey guys,

A few times when talking to people about CoonHoods they (usually people without a clue) will respond with something like “ I think we might just put some tack strips on our feeder”...

Unfortunately they tend not to believe my opinion on the matter since I’m bias, so I thought it would be cool if you guys would share your thoughts on tack strips and your experience with them and shark teeth.

I can then share this thread with them and they can see what people with real experience say.

Please share your thoughts and experience with tack strips/ shark teeth.

If you are tired of fighting coons checkout Www.coonhood.com

My experience with tack strips after trying them for about 2 years is they don’t really work that great. They work at first but then the coons figure out how to get around them or pull them off or slide them down. We have a definite coon problem on our ranch but we trap all year for them and usually kill between 40-60 a year.

I think your coon hoods are awesome and we would invest in them but the coons just hit our corn and cotton seed. Which I guess can’t be a bad thing...

Comment

Slinkys... just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
        My experience with tack strips after trying them for about 2 years is they don’t really work that great. They work at first but then the coons figure out how to get around them or pull them off or slide them down. We have a definite coon problem on our ranch but we trap all year for them and usually kill between 40-60 a year.

I think your coon hoods are awesome and we would invest in them but the coons just hit our corn and cotton seed. Which I guess can’t be a bad thing...
        Good deal most guys aren’t so lucky!!

Comment

Tack strips and shark teeth didn’t deter Young County coons.

Comment

Tack strips and shark teeth suck..............

Compared to Slinky's!

Comment

I did the tack strip thing. I’m the only one that got hurt and bled every time I got near them.

Comment

Shark teeth didn't work for me. Had coon hair and even some blood all over mine when I went to check them Out after 2 months. Pics showed coons going up and down them.

Comment

They will work for a few weeks but ultimately won't make a difference. They get caked with hair/mud or the coons get used to them and ignore them.

Comment

Tack strips and shark teeth..........aka Coon Stairs!!! [emoji57]

Comment

They love Dr pepper and fly bait

Comment

Bump....comprehension is tough for some folks

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Bump....comprehension is tough for some folks
                          Haha yea some didn’t quite get the point of the thread but it’s alright. I appreciate any and all feedback

Comment

We have them on all our protein feeders...they are worthless. Just gives the coons something to grab onto.

One guy on our lease cut his knee real bad on them filling a feeder. Bad enough he needed stitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                              We have them on all our protein feeders...they are worthless. Just gives the coons something to grab onto.

One guy on our lease cut his knee real bad on them filling a feeder. Bad enough he needed stitches.

That’s terrible yea I have never met anyone that says good things about them ... just so you know... CoonHoods have never caused such an injury... and they work.

Coonhood.com!

Comment

Working...
                              X