Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know if the birds are hot yet around Freer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if the birds are hot yet around Freer?

Going to be guiding a guy that’s never killed a turkey and don’t want to wast his time if they’re not responding to calls.
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw my first Tom of the year strutting today near Refugio. My buddy’s place just east of freer has plenty of birds but none of them showing interest in the ladies yet. I’d say we are not far from it though. Within the week they should be going pretty good.

Comment

I drive 624 alot, haven't seen birds strutting in the fields yet, but should be real soon.
      I did hear some fire off mid day while fishing near George West.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I am off 624 between 281 and 59 and this past weekend saw over 30 toms and 120 hens on a little over 400 acres and they were definitely in full swing even got to witness a big tom mate with a bearded hen in the backyard of my camphouse. ( have the video to prove it ha ha ha)

Comment

Over in Dimmit County the Gobblers are locked down on the Hens and gobbling. They have moved into there springtime haunts.

Comment

I appreciate it all

Comment

Friend of mines son took a nice Tom on Saturday outside Freer. His grandpa said they were really henned up but came to call. Didn't have a lot of reason to gobble a lot, not having to look very hard for the girls just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                Friend of mines son took a nice Tom on Saturday outside Freer. His grandpa said they were really henned up but came to call. Didn't have a lot of reason to gobble a lot, not having to look very hard for the girls just yet.
                Don't know that I would be advertising that since the season does not open until this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                  Don't know that I would be advertising that since the season does not open until this Saturday.
                  Last weekend was youth weekend

Comment

Did not know that. Thanks for pointing that out. Back when I grew up there was no early youth seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                      Did not know that. Thanks for pointing that out. Back when I grew up there was no early youth seasons.
                      No problem. Not all counties in TX have early and late youth weekends. Most of south TX does. Be sure to consult TPWD per which county you're hunting in.

Comment

Mine are live and well on the hen scratch in Kingsville
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
                          Mine are live and well on the hen scratch in Kingsville
                          He might be a little tough to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                            He might be a little tough to call in.

Only call he needs is scattered all over the ground!

Comment

Working...
                            X