Cottonseed out feeders off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed out feeders off?

Do you turn your corn feeders off or way down once your deer start eating cottonseed. First year feeding cotton seed and trail cams show some deer eating it. So should I let the feeder run out so they hammer just cotton seed or keep it going? What is y’alls experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep my corn feeders running year around. I turn them down to 3-4 seconds. We feed both cottenseed and protein.
    We are going through about 300 lbs of cottenseed every 3 weeks. Our protein feeders hold 1,500 lbs and that will last about a month when they start eating it good.

Comment

year round, I will set them down a little once it greens up some.

Comment

Make them eat the good stuff. Turn the corn off

Comment

I turn the corn down, but keep some out there. The deer hit my cottonseed all day and night. The corn only goes off a few seconds in the morning and evening

Comment

Turn the corn down, but keep the feeders running. The corn is more like a candy is how I look at it, but they will hammer the CS

Comment

Corn is only fed between October and January for us. Remainder of the year it is cottonseed/protein only. Make them eat the more nutritious stuff....once they get a taste of the good stuff, the corn is no longer needed as an attractant.

Comment

First year of cottonseed for me.

Corn down to 5 sec compared to 14-15 during season....gotta keep the turkey hens in the area for spring..

Deer eat both.

Comment

Ill stop when we run out of corn.

Have to have some around for hog traps etc.

300lbs of cotton seed a week per feeder right now (16 feeders)

Not hitting protein very hard yet (1 ton/5-6 weeks per feeder rate... goes to 1 ton/3 weeks feeder rate in summer)

Comment

Working...
                  X