Clear All

Y'all givin me goose bumps.

Way Ta Go Ellis !!!

Rick

Comment

Following

Good luck

Comment

Shot one during the spook and shoot this morning. First trad pig. Running hard at 6 or 8 yards.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Way to go Gary!!!!

Congrats,

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I don't wanna spoil the soup so I'll let Tradtiger tell it but he had a heck of a weekend . . .

Comment

Way to go guys!! In for the rest of the story.

Comment

Come on, Ellis, out with it!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I just sent him pics a few minutes ago. I'm sure he'll post up soon.

Comment

Alright, alright.

First of all, Gary (DRT) is awesome as a host and organizer -- add in photographer. Ben at Three Fingers Bowhunting knows his business and his animals and their habits. And, he has a lot of hogs -- as well as plenty of ungulates (red deer, sika, fallow) plus blackbuck. Anyway, we hunted fairly standard set-ups of box blinds with timed feeder throws for some sessions, but we also mixed it up with some nighttime action and spot and stalk with Ben providing firearm backup, if needed.

Also, need to mention Ronnie, who came all the way from Louisiana and shot three hogs. Great gentleman, and his largest hog was a sow of at least 120 pounds.

Gary made the shot of the weekend on a 124-lb sow running flat-out left to right at 15 yards, making a perfect shot behind the shoulder with a mechanical broadhead that cut a 2-inch gash, dumping buckets of blood and downed her in 30 yards.

It was fortunately my turn as shooter on the spot-and-stalk hunt this morning when we came up on a pair of hogs in a 10-foot deep erosion ravine. The larger brown hog was at a better angle, hard quartering away about 15 yards away at a downward angle. Picked a spot, drew the 70-lb Jay Weathers recurve, and tried to release a smooth shot. Hit right where I looked and buried the 680-grain single bevel Tuffhead over a foot into the hog. When he took off, it became evident that he was pretty big, and he snapped off my arrow on a tree as he ran south.

Followed big splatters of blood for about 150 yards and found the boar stone dead in the creek bottom. Was glad to have four men to get that beast to the truck. Turned out to weigh 238 pounds. Every now and then a blind hog finds an acorn.

Will add pictures from phone on Tapatalk edit.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Alright, alright.

First of all, Gary (DRT) is awesome as a host and organizer -- add in photographer. Ben at Three Fingers Bowhunting knows his business and his animals and their habits. And, he has a lot of hogs -- as well as plenty of ungulates (red deer, sika, fallow) plus blackbuck. Anyway, we hunted fairly standard set-ups of box blinds with timed feeder throws for some sessions, but we also mixed it up with some nighttime action and spot and stalk with Ben providing firearm backup, if needed.

Also, need to mention Ronnie, who came all the way from Louisiana and shot three hogs. Great gentleman, and his largest hog was a sow of at least 120 pounds.

Gary made the shot of the weekend on a 124-lb sow running flat-out left to right at 15 yards, making a perfect shot behind the shoulder with a mechanical broadhead that cut a 2-inch gash, dumping buckets of blood and downed her in 30 yards.

It was fortunately my turn as shooter on the spot-and-stalk hunt this morning when we came up on a pair of hogs in a 10-foot deep erosion ravine. The larger brown hog was at a better angle, hard quartering away about 15 yards away at a downward angle. Picked a spot, drew the 70-lb Jay Weathers recurve, and tried to release a smooth shot. Hit right where I looked and buried the 680-grain single bevel Tuffhead over a foot into the hog. When he took off, it became evident that he was pretty big, and he snapped off my arrow on a tree as he ran south.

Followed big splatters of blood for about 150 yards and found the boar stone dead in the creek bottom. Was glad to have four men to get that beast to the truck. Turned out to weigh 238 pounds. Every now and then a blind hog finds an acorn.

Will add pictures from phone on Tapatalk edit.
                        Here's a couple pics:

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Creek picture and angle showing nice view of those cutters

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a helluva shot Ellis. Great trophy.
                            I enjoyed food and fellowship as much or more than the hunting. Couldn't ask for nicer people to have in camp and hope to be blessed to share some with y'all in the future.

Comment

That’s a big ol’ stink nasty right there Ellis.

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X