No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a flying feed trip to the lease on a 36 hour turnaround. From Lumberton at that. Yeah, I’m dog tired. Luckily we dodged the storm that rolled through yesterday afternoon/evening. We got 1.50” of rain out of it per FarmLogs app. Locals said it rained Saturday as well but not sure how much. Standing water in many places and things have greened up well. Deer we saw were healthy and looked good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to our lease Memorial day weekend. A lot of work and some play. Click image for larger version

Name:	Lease Pool.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	24542259
      Last edited by DEG; 06-05-2018, 03:29 PM. Reason: Added Pic

Comment

Dangit. I don't know how to rotate the pic

Comment

Hopefully more fun than work! A good pool is always a bonus on summer work weekends! I been wanting to clean one up at our ranch for that reason but my old landlord may not appreciate us swimming in it lol !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The dog days of summer are here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That big boys belly is full LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                That big boys belly is full LOL!

That was before it went off. Just taking a little snooze in the shade before supper time[emoji51]

Comment

I'm jealous of all those free range axis!!

Comment

Never had these guys show up. Pulled cards over the weekend and it looks like they have been hanging around for a week or so. Kids are calling dibs already.Click image for larger version

Name:	Auadad2.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	24542711Click image for larger version

Name:	Auadad1.jpg
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	24542712

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by STICKIT View Post
                      Never had these guys show up. Pulled cards over the weekend and it looks like they have been hanging around for a week or so. Kids are calling dibs already.[ATTACH]911459[/ATTACH][ATTACH]911460[/ATTACH]

Nice! What side of town are you on? We also have been waiting on them to show up on our place, our neighbors have seen them quite a bit but we have yet to have them show up on our place.

Comment

We are south of Roosevelt on 314. I don't actually want them. Large neighbor was flying choppers last week and probably pushed them to us.

Comment

I dont blame you, most people dont want them. I had them at our old place but they never would stick around. Luckily they didnt destroy anything.

Comment

Originally posted by STICKIT View Post
                            Never had these guys show up. Pulled cards over the weekend and it looks like they have been hanging around for a week or so. Kids are calling dibs already.[ATTACH]911459[/ATTACH][ATTACH]911460[/ATTACH]

Hope they stick around to get an arrow or bullet.

Hope y’all can join us on the 7/7 kayak trip.

Comment

I think Irena has already reserved some yaks. We are looking forward to it.
                              Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              Hope they stick around to get an arrow or bullet.

Hope y’all can join us on the 7/7 kayak trip.

Comment

Had a great week of hunting in Sonora last week. Weather was hot the first few days, but then a nice breeze came through the rest of the trip to cool things down. We had a large group down there and ended up with around 14 axis down. I ended up with my biggest axis to date with 35" x 34" main beams. He scored somewhere around 155. Our measuring rope was not the best, but i did measure the main beams pretty accurate and several times. Besides that we had a buck shot with a fresh horn stuck in its neck and a broken main beam as well as an old buck with no teeth. Overall was a great trip.

The story on my buck:

Was stalking around 6:30pm and came up downwind on a group laying down under the mesquite. A couple small bucks were playing around sparring and some others eating. I was on this trip mainly for meat so wasn't trying to shoot anything big, but I had told myself that the first two days I'd pass on deer in case I ran into a trophy. My buck came into the picture as I was watching them at around 50 yards. At the time I was considering passing on him due to not thinking he was that big. Its funny how being on the ground in mesquite can be deceiving. I watched him as he laid down at 50 yards trying to decide if I was going to pull the trigger. He then got up and chased a doe to about 30 yards from me, but luckily they turned back around and went back to the group. It was at this time I realized his size and his big belly. Unfortunately I had to wait another ten minutes before I got a shot at him. He was rubbing up on some mesquite and didn't present a shot for a bit. The group started moving and I got situated for a shot. When he stepped in to the shooting lane I let the 270 do its job. He was definitely rutting and was fun to get to watch him for a good 30 minutes before taking him down. Allowed for some good memories to be made.

Comment

Working...
                                X