James Daughtrey hog hunt in February 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Daughtrey hog hunt in February 2018

I was fortunate enough to get selected for the February hog hunt at the James Daughtrey public bow hunt. I was just wondering if anyone else on the green screen got selected too. My hunt runs from the 10th to the 25th. My last bow hunt was over 25yrs ago so I'm looking forward to this bowhunt. I'm a bit bummed though that my wifey didn't get selected. My buddy GW said that if I ask the folks running the hunts at JD very nicely, they might allow her to sit with me in the blind, but not hunt. Crossing my fingers they allow her to just sit in the blind with me.
    Last edited by joel45acp; 12-21-2017, 12:10 AM.

I got selected for mid February, never been so I’m excited for the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post
      I got selected for mid February, never been so I’m excited for the hunt.
      When in February is your hunt? Mine runs from February 10 to the 25th. Super excited as well.

Comment

My boy and I pulled this tag. On the fence about if it's worth the effort.

Anyone out there with info on number of critters seen, bait effectiveness, etc.....

Plan to camp at Choke.

Comment

Compartment that backs up to San Miguel creek is loaded with pigs. Paint the road yellow, they'll find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
            My boy and I pulled this tag. On the fence about if it's worth the effort.

Anyone out there with info on number of critters seen, bait effectiveness, etc.....

Plan to camp at Choke.
            Have not thought about the overnight location yet, hopefully this week I will have time to look into the options.

Comment

I'm thinking of camping out there if I decide not to make the 1.5hr drive back home in SA everyday.

Comment

9 days and counting. Hope to see some of the green screen homies out there.

Comment

7 days and counting.......

Comment

6 days and counting.........

Comment

I hunted there during the buck hunts last year and I was covered up in hogs. Tons of hogs along the river. When you drive out of the caretakers house and take a right, I was in the last compartment on the left, I think it was #5. It has an oil pump on the edge of a Sendero. My first night, at about sundown, everything around me went from quiet to load brush crashing. Hogs were everywhere. PM me if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                        I hunted there during the buck hunts last year and I was covered up in hogs. Tons of hogs along the river. When you drive out of the caretakers house and take a right, I was in the last compartment on the left, I think it was #5. It has an oil pump on the edge of a Sendero. My first night, at about sundown, everything around me went from quiet to load brush crashing. Hogs were everywhere. PM me if you have any questions.
                        I'll hit you up for further details buddy. Thanks.

Comment

Mason (150class) had a great live hunt on here several years back. I think Daughtrey was in the title. It was deer only but it had great detail. Also included was info about accommodations and other TBHers he saw there. I don't remember if he saw any hogs but it was a good thread.

Comment

4 days and counting. Gonna sour up corn later today. So excited

Comment

3 days and counting.........

Comment

Working...
                              X