No announcement yet.

Be Careful out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meets a dude walking in the hood to sell him a ATV that's waiting on mama n em to bring money. Dude sees a easy target and drives away. Cops fault?

Comment

Sorry this happened to you, horrible people out there. Ultimately, in the end, he will pay for his crimes.

Comment

Sorry for your loss and I see your frustration. I haven't seen a single post where you blamed the cops. Don't take the thin skinned crap personally.

Comment

A guy I work with had this almost exact thing happen to his brother in Houston. His brother met them in a sketchy area, the guy showed up in Army fatigues so his brother having experience with military trusted the guy to test ride it, and bam... Almost exactly the same.

His brother contacted several bike clubs and organizations throughout Texas and they ended up watching different forums and Craigslist and ended up getting the four wheeler back about a month later!!! So, just an idea for you to proceed forward. Having been in LE for a LONG time, I can tell you recovery by LE itself is very low... but once you add in factors like angry bikers who detest thieves, your chances go up. Good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
            Sorry for your loss and I see your frustration. I haven't seen a single post where you blamed the cops. Don't take the thin skinned crap personally.
            thanks and trust me I dont

Comment

Originally posted by GMGIRL View Post
              A guy I work with had this almost exact thing happen to his brother in Houston. His brother met them in a sketchy area, the guy showed up in Army fatigues so his brother having experience with military trusted the guy to test ride it, and bam... Almost exactly the same.

His brother contacted several bike clubs and organizations throughout Texas and they ended up watching different forums and Craigslist and ended up getting the four wheeler back about a month later!!! So, just an idea for you to proceed forward. Having been in LE for a LONG time, I can tell you recovery by LE itself is very low... but once you add in factors like angry bikers who detest thieves, your chances go up. Good luck man.
              Thanks yea we are looking around everything we can all social media craigslist and all of those sites

Comment

It took about a month for the thieves to relist it on another bike sight, and then the bikers and LE set them up for "the buy", so don't give up. I think they ended up recovering it out by Austin or somewhere west. I really hope you find it!

Comment

Originally posted by GMGIRL View Post
                  It took about a month for the thieves to relist it on another bike sight, and then the bikers and LE set them up for "the buy", so don't give up. I think they ended up recovering it out by Austin or somewhere west. I really hope you find it!
                  Yea I was talking to a buddy here at work and he is thinking eventually someone down the line will take it to the dealer or get it towed or something and end up back in my hands but it is slim

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                    Thanks yea we are looking around everything we can all social media craigslist and all of those sites
                    hahahaha that thing wont be for sale anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                      hahahaha that thing wont be for sale anywhere
                      yea I doubt it probably gonna sell it for quick cash in the same hood

Comment

Wow! What a horrible situation. I'm sorry for your loss, brother. I hate thieves so much! If I ever have to sell anything with someone I do not know, I always bring at least one of my brothers with me just in case something bad happens. My brother in law's cousin was robbed by gunpoint using that app to sell his xbox one and he's just a kid. The guy pretended to go to his car to get the cash and pulled out a gun, in broad daylight and made off with the console. Even though its a shot in the dark, I hope you get it back and I hope this POS gets caught! Can't trust anyone these days man and that's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by hwy84 View Post
                          Op hope you learned a few lessons here.
                          1 Cops have like a 4% recovery rate on ATV's, don't expect much.

I'd be willing to bet the low recovery rate is due to lack of VIN info. I've taken a few a stolen atv reports and not everyone had titles or vins. I've also recovered a few that people found for sale later.

I bet there is 6 atvs in our storage lot that an owner can't be located. It's the same for guns. Recovered 4 guns from a dope house a week ago. ONE was reported stolen out of Louisiana in 13'

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

This whole scenario was a huge red flag from the beginning. Sorry this happened but man wake up. I guess lessen learned and I doubt it will ever happen to you again.

Comment

Lesson learned for sure. Cant trust anyone these days

Comment

There sure are a lot of *******s around here.

Sorry this happened to you, OP. I've not seen one post where you blamed the situation on anyone other than you or the thief.

Comment

Working...
                                X