Your favorite Texas country song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    Next time you hear El Cerrito Place imagine that he's looking for his lost dog.

Haha!! Now you got me singing it in my head imagining that he is looking for his dog!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
      Too many to think of but here's some.

Cody Johnson:
      18 Wheels
      Ride With Me
      Pray For Rain
      Texas Kind of Way
      Me and My Kind

Josh Ward:
      Highway
      Whiskey and Whitley
      An Old Memory and Me
      Rainout Hangout
      Hard Whiskey
      Promises

Whiskey Myers:
      Lonely East Texas Nights
      Dogwood
      Bar, Guitar and a Honkytonk Crowd

Wade Bowen - You Had Me at My Best
      Aaron Watson - July in Cheyenne
      Ragweed - Lighthouse Keeper

Doesn't get much better than Cody and josh. That last cd josh put out is as country as it gets! Whiskey and Whitley is pure gold.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
        actually never got to go to LJT... went to the First Red Dirt Roundup, been to Zeigenbocks festival in Cstat... need to go to Margarita and salsa and LJT to hit the majors lol
        Everyone needs to go to ljt at least once to experience it. Just to warn you, it gets ROWDY! The closer to the front the worse it gets lol

Comment

Jerry Jeff - old school
          Jerry Jeff Walker song "Leavin' Texas" with images from the Texas Panhandle

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
            Everyone needs to go to ljt at least once to experience it. Just to warn you, it gets ROWDY! The closer to the front the worse it gets lol

You should have been there when it was in Meridian...[emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              You should have been there when it was in Meridian...[emoji15]

Pretty sure that was before my time lol when did they move it out to Stephenville? I've always heard when they moved it to Stephenville it got worse? Any truth to that?

Comment

Pretty sure that was before my time lol when did they move it out to Stephenville? I've always heard when they moved it to Stephenville it got worse? Any truth to that?

Well lord knows the average IQ of the attendee didnt' go UP when it moved to stevenville

I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!... They have been a rival my whole life, I couldn't help myself hahahahhaha

Comment

Well lord knows the average IQ of the attendee didnt' go UP when it moved to stevenville

I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY!... They have been a rival my whole life, I couldn't help myself hahahahhaha
                  Pretty sure it's spelled Stephenville haha

Comment

Originally posted by txaggie08 View Post
                    Haha!! Now you got me singing it in my head imagining that he is looking for his dog!!

He's my gf's favorite and every time we hear it I look at her and say:"Man, I really hope he finds his dog."

It makes sense though. There's nothing really pointing to it being about a person.

Comment

Don't wait up for the shrimp boats cause Im coming home with the crabs.

Comment

One that some might not know and is growing on me is

Keep the wolves away by uncle lucius (really becoming a favorite)

Comment

Many good (and bad) memories of LJT. There are some stories I could share that would get me banned from this site.

Comment

First off, I love you for remembering Tommy Jackson...

i went to school with Randy's little brother and that is bar none the best Texas Country Album ever made.

Album: Rollercoaster, Randy Rodgers Band

"Down & Out" (Randy Rogers)
                            "Somebody Take Me Home" (Radney Foster, Rogers) –
                            "This Time Around" (Cody Canada, Rogers) –
                            "Love Must Follow You Around" (Foster, Rogers) – 4:39
                            "Lay It All on You" (Wade Bowen, Rogers) – 3:45
                            "Tonight's Not The Night (For Goodbye)" (Foster, Rogers) – 4:50
                            "Again" (Canada, Rogers) – 3:21
                            "Can't Slow Down" (Rogers) – 4:41
                            "They Call It the Hill Country" (Kent Finlay) – 5:23
                            "Ten Miles Deep" (Jon Richardson) – 3:19
                            "I Miss You With Me (Bonus Track – "Like It Used to Be") (Rogers) – 9:18

Start to finish just awesome. Also look who is credited on this CD it is LITERAL who's who of texas country... To this day not even RRB has put a cd together that is top to bottom the quality of this CD.

Best song on it... This Time Around
                            That is a great album. I love that acoustic version of "Like It Used to Be". "Tommy Jackson" is not on the Rollercoaster album though, it's on the Like it Used to be album. Regardless all pre-2008 RRB albums were great. I do not really listen to any of their stuff newer than that though...its just not the same

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              The most obvious that hit me right in the liver...

REK-Gringo Honeymoon, CC Bay, Jesse with the Long Hair, Feelin Good, and a dozen others.

Jerry Jeff-Navajo rug, Jaded Lover and a half dozen more.

Pat Green- Dancehall Dreamer, West Tx Holliday, a dozen more..

Guy Clark-All of it...

Boland-Somewhere Down in Tx, probably 8 more.

Max Stalling-....yes, all those.

Corey Morrow-tx time traveling, and Nashville blues.

Reckless, Jack Ingram, Ragweed, RR, Houston Marchman, Owen Temple....I could go on forever....

That's excluding most of the old guys and all of the really new, just to stay in my sweet spot from about '98-'12.

Pretty much this, but adding:

Pat Green: Songs About Texas, I like Texas.. both live cuts of course
                              Guy Clark: Dublin Blues
                              AW: Barbed Wire Halo
                              Uncle Lucius: Keep the Wolves Away
                              Zane Williams: The Distance Between
                              Randy Rogers: In my arms again ("the skies are gray, it's cold as a stone", that line makes it)
                              Wade Bowen: Who I am
                              Stoney Larue: Forever young (yes I know it's a cover), Feet don't touch the ground (cover again, I think Brandon Jenkins wrote it)
                              Brandon Rhyder: Freeze Frame Time
                              Ryan Bingham: Pretty Much all of it
                              Hayes Carll: Beaumont, Drunken Poets Dream
                              Honeybrowne: Texas Angel (cool valentines day show.. ha)
                              CCR: 17, Alabama, few other songs

I won't lie.. I've moved away from Texas Country, don't really like the newer stuff.. I still support the Honky Tonk Kid tho.. Mainly listen to acoustic folk, light rock now:
                              Dispatch
                              HoneyHoney
                              Saint Paul and the Broken Bones
                              Leon Bridges
                              Judah and the Lion
                              Needtobreathe

Comment

Originally posted by cap50948 View Post
                                One that some might not know and is growing on me is

Keep the wolves away by uncle lucius (really becoming a favorite)
                                Great song that they put out several years ago. My gf just calls it the whistle song lol

Comment

Working...
                                X