No announcement yet.

04-06 f250 diesel truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So would you recommend the Ford. I'm guessing the majority would go with the 6.7 Cummins In a dodge?

Comment

Originally posted by LBLHUNTER View Post
      So would you recommend the Ford. I'm guessing the majority would go with the 6.7 Cummins In a dodge?
      My cousin has an 04 King Ranch F250 4x4 with like 150k miles. Its got the 6.0. Think he's asking 10k.

Comment

Buckshot.... any info on your cousin would be nice I'm interested

Comment

If I was in your shoes, I'd look for either a 6.7 Ford/Cummins or 5.9 Cummins. People want too much for good 7.3s it seems, plus they're not really all that.

If you could get a nice gen 2 Dodge Ram, you would be set up for what you want. People won't let them go real cheap anymore though.

Comment

Watch and you decide

Comment

My buddy bought 1 new in 2006...pulled his 36 ft 5tg wheel...all iver the USA..insurance guy...still runs great..no issues..but he used it as a truck...not a race car or grocery getter

Comment

You either get a good one or a bad one. If you can go for an 05-07, the 03-04 are the first models and had a few more problems. Most people that talk crap about them only know what their brothers cousins uncles best friend told them and have no real experience with them. I've got an '05 that I've had since 2008 that is a dang good truck. Bone stock except for an intake and an exhaust and pulls my 30 ft trailer down the road with not a worry in the world. I bought a half ton when I paid it off so it only gets used when I need to pull now but to this day it has not left my stranded. My folks had an '06 that had 300K on it when it got stolen with very minor problems. Now a 6.4 is a different story, run very far. I've had experience with both and would take a broke 6.0 over a running 6.4 every day of them week.

Comment

Just traded my 2005 in had 314000 miles cost me a lot of money over the last year. Finally had enough after getting stranded in Dallas 2 times. High pressure oil pump, IPR valve, EGR cooler.

Comment

Buy a 6.7 and be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                      Buy a 6.7 and be happy
                      And broke his budget is $15000 , I doubt you can find a SD 6.7 for less than $$35000
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-13-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

My opinion

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                        You either get a good one or a bad one. If you can go for an 05-07, the 03-04 are the first models and had a few more problems. Most people that talk crap about them only know what their brothers cousins uncles best friend told them and have no real experience with them. I've got an '05 that I've had since 2008 that is a dang good truck. Bone stock except for an intake and an exhaust and pulls my 30 ft trailer down the road with not a worry in the world. I bought a half ton when I paid it off so it only gets used when I need to pull now but to this day it has not left my stranded. My folks had an '06 that had 300K on it when it got stolen with very minor problems. Now a 6.4 is a different story, run very far. I've had experience with both and would take a broke 6.0 over a running 6.4 every day of them week.
                        I have a 2006 6.0, F350 Crew, 4X4 Lariat, just shy of 200k miles. I had to bullet-proof it about 50k ago. Yep expensive, both the purchase, routine maintenance and the bullet-proof ($5k). But- pulls our travel trailer very well and other than 3 times never let me down. Not many large trucks can meet what it has provided me. 18MPG highway, 15MPG mixed driving. Considering what is has done, I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                          I have a 2006 6.0, F350 Crew, 4X4 Lariat, just shy of 200k miles. I had to bullet-proof it about 50k ago. Yep expensive, both the purchase, routine maintenance and the bullet-proof ($5k). But- pulls our travel trailer very well and other than 3 times never let me down. Not many large trucks can meet what it has provided me. 18MPG highway, 15MPG mixed driving. Considering what is has done, I'm happy.

Yes sir! Mine is an '05 2Fitty short bed 4x4 Lariat. It just turned 125K so just getting broken in and I have absolutely no complaints. Like I said it's not my daily driver anymore but pulls my TT a handful of times a year plus my tractor and gooseneck whenever I need to. Not bulletproofed yet, and not planning on doing it until it needs it, but I'll have the money sitting aside for when it does. It never fails that every time we go camping there are always several 6.0s in use around the place!

To the OP, you can still find them for pretty good deals. My advice is find a diesel shop around you and if you find one you like take it by and have it looked over good by someone that knows 6.0s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just looking for a work truck. Hauling a trailer from time to time and the rv every once I a while. What yr models would be better ?
                            Buy a gas truck, for no more than you will do with it, it ain't worth it. Late 03-06 fords are like playing Russian roulette. 7.3 are priced higher than gold and the 6.4 wasn't much better than the 6.blow. And like already mentioned, 5.9 or 6.7 cummins but you will pay a premium for those too. My stepdad just payed 25k for an 06 Ram with 85k miles.

If you don't need a diesel but every now and then, why pay the higher maintenance costs or future repair bills (6.0 )

Comment

If you buy a F250 in that year range you need to pay to get it bulletproofed. If you aren't going to be able to do that then you need to run as fast as you can.

Comment

I have had 3, and do yourself a favor, find a 7.3, or not... I spent a 10 gallon hatful of monies on 2 of 3 and the third got stolen... the new 6.7L is a great grocery getter, (I own one).. the 7.3L is the work horse, and the 6.0L is like sleeping w/ a hooker you may do it but you dont let anyone see you...

Comment

Working...
                                X