No announcement yet.

1997 EZGO TXT rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good. I did a full Club Car Hunt Buggy build in 2013; you will have lots of fun!

Comment

Looks to be coming back to life

Comment

Got a new set of 4g cables installed last night. Took it for a test run today and there is no noticeable GPS speed increase but there does seem to be less of a drop off when going into the wind, wide turns, and slight elevation increases. I'm happy with the results. Perhaps a controller/solenoid upgrade will be in my future.

Still waiting on my seat covers. I got a pretty crappy email from them when I asked for an update so maybe they're holding them to punish me. Lol. It was supposed to be 2 weeks assembly time and I read it as two weeks total time. They quickly put me in my place with what I was and was not told. Won't be spending another dime there.

I'm also still working on my wiring diagram for accessories. And this cable upgrade has me looking at ALL of my wires in the cart. I think I need to gut the wiring and start fresh.

Comment

Looks great. I doing a similar hunting buggy and will be watching yours for ideas. You may want to check out the buggiesgonewild website and cartsunlimited. They seem to have some opinions (like asking for an opinion on here about bows or coolers) about controllers and upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by jjake View Post
            Looks great. I doing a similar hunting buggy and will be watching yours for ideas. You may want to check out the buggiesgonewild website and cartsunlimited. They seem to have some opinions (like asking for an opinion on here about bows or coolers) about controllers and upgrades.
            Lol I'm actually on BGW as much as I am TBH these days. TONS of helpful people just like here.

Comment

My advice would be gut the wiring. You will rest easy knowing all your connections are good. My advice: don't skimp on the terminals. The heat-shrink solder melt terminals are awesome.

Comment

thanks for the heads up on the 2 cart sites. electric buggies are fun

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                  thanks for the heads up on the 2 cart sites. electric buggies are fun
                  Cartsunlimited.com is run by a guy that posts on Buggiesgonewild.com under the handle scottyb. So the two websites are a little redundant. Scotty sells quality stuff but his prices are really high I've found.

Comment

Originally posted by txag80 View Post
                    My advice would be gut the wiring. You will rest easy knowing all your connections are good. My advice: don't skimp on the terminals. The heat-shrink solder melt terminals are awesome.
                    I'm leaning this way but a full wiring harness is plenty expensive.

Comment

Seat covers and foam to be delivered TODAY!!!

Comment

Awesome Work!!!

Comment

Is that bed liner?

It also looks like you have a few extra wires under the seat....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat View Post
                            Awesome Work!!!
                            Thanks she's coming along.

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                            Is that bed liner?

It also looks like you have a few extra wires under the seat....
                            Yeah it's just rattle can bedliner.

I had to gut the wiring. There were some wires that weren't connected to anything and others that were in BAD shape.

Comment

I have a 97 ez-go and this is something I really need to do. Maybe this winter.....

Comment

Ok guys I haven't posted in a while. Been too busy to do a lot of work to her but she's nearing completion. I still need to paint the canopy and wire up my goodies (LED lights, stereo, etc). But here she is. I have a brushed aluminum plate that will go on the dash as a switch plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X