No announcement yet.

Making Progress: getting work done in Coleman county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were but i was there right after the rain. I am not sure what has happened since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sippy View Post
      Meet Cuatro

Double split brows!!
      Choot em! He's a cool buck, can't wait to see him after he sheds that velvet.

Comment

Sippy you have got a really NICE place. Thanks for taking the time to do a thread like this, so we can all follow along.

Comment

Very green out here. It hasnt looked like this since 2010!

The deer have backed off of the feeders quite a bit, but im still watching 5 eat at the feeder in the front yard. The two fawns I posted earlier have gotten big.

Today we filled all of the feeders and set up two bow blinds. These Primos Vision blinds are awesome! I have a little more brushing in to do on the next trip, but i think there will be some animals killed out of them.

I have 3 bow blinds set up now. Two will be for a south wind, and one is set up for a north wind.

Next trip down I will make the first plow through the plots. Planting season is rapidly approaching!
          Attached Files

Comment

I have enjoyed keeping up with this thread Sippy, you are living my dream. One day I would like to purchase some land and do the same exact thing you are doing. Keep up the good work and enjoy the great hunting this year on this place.

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
              I have enjoyed keeping up with this thread Sippy, you are living my dream. One day I would like to purchase some land and do the same exact thing you are doing. Keep up the good work and enjoy the great hunting this year on this place.
              Thank you! It is a lot of work, but very rewarding.

Comment

Well, the hogs are back.

I turned the corner into the milo this morning and saw 20-30 with a lot of piglets. I hit several, but only one fell in sight.

Comment

Post up some pics of ur milo!

Comment

cool thread, thanks for sharing!! I'm in central Coleman Co.

Comment

We are getting some rain outside of SA could be headed your way

Comment

Still very green out, so feeder activity is slower than normal.

We had several new bucks show up in the past few weeks along with the regulars, but none that are on the list for this season. Quatro has gone missing since the big rain at the beginning of the month, but im staying hopeful that he makes a mistake during the rut. Notice that the larger buck in the first picture also has the same split brow as the shed I found last year, as well as the split brow Cuatro has.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	PRMS0202.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	24237558

Name:	PRMS0201.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	24237560

Name:	PRMS0199.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	24237559

Name:	PRMS0215.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	24237562
                        I was hoping to plow this weekend, but as always something had to go wrong. Im hoping to get my hydraulics working again on the tractor tomorrow, and hopefully I will be able to plow before this weekend is over.

Good luck to all the dove hunters this weekend!
                        Last edited by Sippy; 08-30-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Looking good Sippy. Thanks for updating the thread.

Comment

Be there Sunday Morning about 5am =)

Comment

Shot a limit sunday and gave my deer a break monday. It was fun but dove just dont do much for me, but i sure like to eat them!

If this forecast looks similar late week i will be planting this weekend. Temps look to finally be dropping!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378297689.362080.jpg
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	24240289

I spoke with TPWD biologist Mike Miller last night at a seminar and he will be coming out next spring to see what i am doing, give me recommendations, and help us restart our wildlife management area.

In the meantime, just a few weeks left until we get to fling arrows!

Comment

Man I wish our temps looked like that here in Southeast Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X