• Show
Clear All

Awesome, Congrats

Comment

awesome buck...congrats

Comment

nice!

Comment

now that is a big one to be proud of. anybody can shoot a deer in a pen. that deer took some work to get.
          just plain awesome

Comment

Congrats James!

Comment

Congrats on one heck of a deer

Comment

Awesome! Congrats brother!

Comment

He's a hoss!

Congrats.

Comment

Big Congrats on a"MONSTER"

Comment

nice buck!!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Now you gotta give us the story

Comment

I guess I got lucky last year, he broke off his left beam from the G3 forward. We had a hunter coming in to hunt for him. Fast forward to this year. Got pics of him over a month ago on the cuddybacks, plural due to the fact he was "regularly irregular" at two diff blinds about a mile apart. I had pics of him at both on the same day. So I set up two Dub bulls at the two blinds. Scouted for him "alot" without any sightings. Last Sunday I put the cameras back up to try to figure out if he was just showing up after dark. Just in case I put a camera at a third feeder close to a mile away. Tuesday I ran down to check cameras, and nothing. Back down Thursday and of course he's at the third. Friday morning we had the survey count so Friday evening we set up a tripod, it was a location with High Mesquite with little brush. Couldn't use Ground blind with that short time till season. Saturday morn he was there in the dark, no shot. Sat evening with Humidity around 300%, 2 million mosquitos, and 4000 biting gnats he shows at 7 0'clock. With 6 does, 3 fawns and three other young bucks all within 30 yards I thought there was no way to get to full draw I pulled back and amazingly it was still calm. I leaned into my shooting lane and released, perfect 20 yard quartering away shot 60 yds later he piled up. I'm surprised I was able to hold it together-it was close!!!! And thats pretty much it. Of course I left out the thousands of hours of work you know it takes on a ranch in STex. (you'll have to keep your eye out for the bigger deer killed on the ranch with a rifle Sat Morn) 202 3/8 gross nets 198 hopefully he'll dry and still net book.
                            Last edited by Mesquite Creek; 10-04-2009, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Over 200 thats a monsta...

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X