• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it

Comment

Good job. I dig it

Comment

Really like the build! How much do you think you have in it?

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
          Really like the build! How much do you think you have in it?
          Still hovering at about $600 as it stands. I didn't do to much to it this year other than running a few outdoor lights. It got a lot of use as I let my lease mates use it when I wasn't there. I think somebody slept in that thing just about every weekend in hunting season except one or two. It kept me warm and more importantly dry. My wife enjoyed sleeping in it this year vs the past and remarked how cozy it was (outside temps were below freezing.)

Before next season, I am going to wire the inside so that I can put outlets at all 4 corners for things like cell phone chargers, small clip fans, etc. I'll install a regular light switch for the indoor and outdoor lights. I've estimated that will run me under $40.

Comment

Did some work on it last night. Decided I needed that porch while I was picking up supplies for some blinds. So we added a 4ft porch deck to the front.

Amazing what a little deck can do to improve it.

Comment

deluxe hunting stand

Comment

sweet setup

Comment

very nice brother

Comment

This is really nice, and looks well done... I'm on a new lease this year and have tossed around building out a old trailer, but this seems way cooler and possibly cheaper... mind telling the dimensions. I will be starting my project opening day and weekend of dove season.
                    Last edited by WestTXReaper; 08-09-2015, 09:10 PM. Reason: found answer

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                      very nice brother
                      Thanks Scott

Originally posted by WestTXReaper View Post
                      This is really nice, and looks well done... I'm on a new lease this year and have tossed around building out a old trailer, but this seems way cooler and possibly cheaper... mind telling the dimensions. I will be starting my project opening day and weekend of dove season.
                      It is a small 8' x 8' and started as a deck to pitch a tent on and keep off the muddy/stone ground, so I used deck boards initially.

Then I framed it in, and decided to make it look like a miniature house. the walls are 4' high on the sides, and it is 8' at the peak. It has two doors to allow for drafting a breeze in the summer and the back door faces away from camp as the middle of the night "mens room." I just added a 4'x8' deck.

If I had to do all over and all at once, I would have skipped the decking boards and put down plywood instead. Would have saved a ton of money there. I also could have framed the floor with 2x4s and put more posts to save on cost (I did 2x6 on 8ft span)

It's only job is providing a comfy place to sleep and stay dry and warm. It serves like a permanent tent. When I am by myself it is more than enough room. With one other, I keep my stuff stored under the cot.

Comment

Now a cover for the deck...leave the door open while it rains

Comment

You're on a roll with this one, very nice.

Comment

Sweet setup! My brother and I finally got on a small lease and we've been talking about doing something simple like that. To keep it even cheaper cost wise, we talked about using the old boards from my backyard privacy fence (built a new fence) and making a slat board sytle cabin.

Comment

Cool lil cabin

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert View Post
                                Sweet setup! My brother and I finally got on a small lease and we've been talking about doing something simple like that. To keep it even cheaper cost wise, we talked about using the old boards from my backyard privacy fence (built a new fence) and making a slat board sytle cabin.
                                We have box blinds that are like that. I had considered doing exactly that from the beginning. You could do board and batten with the pickets. Put some house wrap on it to kill any draft. The only reason I didn't was I ended up sourcing some free plywood panels and I only needed to buy 1 extra so I went with the plywood.

Comment

Working...
                                X