No announcement yet.

Question about canting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant because it opens the sight picture and allows me to keep the arrow on the shelf/rest. It also helps me shoot from the blind!

Comment

I cant at the one o'clock position when I'm standing, sitting or kneeling.

Comment

I shoot almost straight up/down and it works for me but I can also shoot with cant. I think its personal opinion. I will say alot of folks I see that cant shorten their draw. I would recommend shooters to do whats best for them

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte23 View Post
          If canting while tuning, do you read fletched vs bare shaft the same way? Put another way....if I shoot vertical and my bare shaft shows weak spine (hitting right) would the same shot canted hit right on the same horizontal plane or would it hit low right?
          Good question.

My answer - Low right.

Looks like I disagree with some others.
          Probably nothing new about that.

My take on it - Your bare shaft tuning should always be taken into consideration of a 90 degree angle to the string, and strike plate, so yes - if you cant the bow the perspective changes.

Comment

great point Rick, I agree

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              Good question.

My answer - Low right.

Looks like I disagree with some others.
              Probably nothing new about that.

My take on it - Your bare shaft tuning should always be taken into consideration of a 90 degree angle to the string, and strike plate, so yes - if you cant the bow the perspective changes.

That's the way I see it as well (in my mind). Doesn't the flexing of the shaft (paradox ?) directly corrolate to the angle of the string/riser wall for finger shooters?

PS. Javi, I'm really close to having my arrows rigged correctly. They are currently at about 28.25 " with a 175 head. Does this sound about right (#45@ 28" drawing about 26")? Thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte23 View Post
                Doesn't the flexing of the shaft (paradox ?) directly corrolate to the angle of the string/riser wall for finger shooters?
                Yep.

Comment

What ever feels comfortable...

In the words of my buddy Keith Bain 12 time world champion:

" Just do the same thang ever time "

Comment

I pretty much shoot with the bow straight up and down. Maybe just a slight cant
                    I have tried canting but my sight picture gets all jacked up

Comment

I cant because i can.

Comment

That's a good one.
                        I personally cant because I cant, not because I can!!!!!! Besides that, nobody is gonna tell me that I can't.

Comment

For me, the farther I cant, the farther left I shoot. When I shoot laying on the ground, I have to aim about 4" right at 15 yds. I usually cant about 30%.

Comment

It takes some "see what works best" practice and shooting.
                            For me.....canting puts the arrow under my shooting eye, So left and right hit are marginal. My left eye is going bad so I'm constantly having to make sure I'm not overcompensating for it.

But then again I shoot with the bow flat while laying on the ground.
                            It just takes practice to see what works for you. Shooting bow straight up and down for me will not work.
                            Same with split finger or three under.. see what works better for you.

Comment

Shot 60 arrows canted today. Slight can't allows two fingers on face with my anchor. Also had a lot few flyers side to side at 20 and further. Strung some up and down.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen pros go both ways. Seems most gapers are straight up and down. I see most of them on top at tourneys . Not always. Yes it gives you a better sight picture. When shooting down you need to can't a bit more. Least that's me. But I am 100 points behind the hot shots. Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X