Ar or mini 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
    Ar-15 platform rather than Ar-10 platform.
    Oh yeah . . .that.

6.8 then or 6.5 or 7.62x39mm

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
      AR all day. The 7.62x39 is a pig thumper. Wolf makes a 154 gr soft point steel case round that is a pig hammer. Runs about 10 bucks for 40 rounds. C-products mags are the stuff for this round. I like the 10 rounders, they don't hang down so far and catch on everything like the 30's do. I run my thermal on an AR in this caliber, and yes, the barrel is stainless. No rust, muss, or fuss.
      X2, I have an AR in 7.62 x 39mm and use 154 gr sp bullet and it is a hog slayer.

Comment

I've not owned a Mini 30, but I do like my AR-15 in 7.62x39 for swine. Mine's a Windham w/10 round magazine, 3x9x50mm. Accurate. Lots of good ammo. Cheap steel case and reloadable brass case too. I began reloading x39's. It can do anything a 300 blackout can do and then some (that talk starts arguments, sorry).

Comment

AR! You can read all the comments about whether AR15 or AR10 platforms until "Hell freezes over" and in the end it's your preference.

I don't like the mini's but I do like Ruger in general!! Contrary to what many prefer, the boy's & I shoot 5.56 "green tip Federals" for hogs and NOT head shots AND DRT with heart/lung shots?

I don't really like the 5.56 for deer, but it works and no reason to really discount the round (not FMJ green's) that works fine for porkers in our experience.

My favorite is again...6.5 Grendel in the AR15 platform. I don't appreciate the added weight of the AR10's although they are a good choice as well. The Grendel will perform great both for swine and deer.....and that's from experienced game down....

Comment

ARx100000

Easier to upgrade parts, over all better availability of parts and overall better record for accuracy. Easier to work on... the actions on mini 30 is amazing piece of work, but for hell or high water reliability... Ar is is bulletproof or dang near imho... clean, dirty, cold hot mine always goes bang and puts the shots in a 1/2 moa cone with no problem. My first barrel was a 1 moa gun with good ammo... new barrel and free float tube and its a 1/2 moa gun... if i dont screw it up the stuff on the other end dies.

No i dont run thousands of rounds b4 cleaning... probably 300-500 i have never had issues. Get a piston if its a true s.h.t.f. rifle bit other than that AR'S just get'er done for me...
            Last edited by catslayer; 05-11-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

The mini14 and mini30 are pretty famous for accuracy issues.

Comment

Working...
              X