Fortress Timed Rice Bran Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    How tall is the feeder? Too tall to be stand and fill I assume? Are the gen 8 ones $800? That price is more appealing than the $1,200 I saw when I first looked at them. Not criticizing your price at all. It's my pocket book that's the issue

Have you considered adding a rain sensor or is the rain really not an issue? IMO a rain sensor would help prevent some loss and hardening of the bran. I think you have made the best product so far to feed the rice bran with.
    If your 6' or better you can stand and fill. If not there is a cross brace on the back to stand on when you fill.

Considered a rain sensor yes...but it hasn't been an issue. To me that was just one more thing to screw up and add complexity.

No longer making the Gen 8..everything going forward is Gen 9

$800

Comment

What is different for the different gen of feeders? Say the 8 and 9?

Comment

Where do you pick these up at?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Bruce I think you sold me

I will be getting with you before I head back to the lease. Thanks for all the info everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post

However a coon 100% can not get to the hopper where the remaining feed is.
            Glad you addressed that.

That was an issue with the old nocturnal nightmare feeders.
            Had a coon get trapped, tore out the wiring while trapped inside.
            Next trip up it wasn’t working and we couldn’t get it open.
            Once we got it open...wished we hadn’t.

Comment

If you’re concerned with the bran try the rice bran pellets. Deer eat them just the same. Less mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                Glad you addressed that.

That was an issue with the old nocturnal nightmare feeders.
                Had a coon get trapped, tore out the wiring while trapped inside.
                Next trip up it wasn’t working and we couldn’t get it open.
                Once we got it open...wished we hadn’t.
                Yuck!

All wiring and motor are contained in the timer box up high. Haven't even had a coin pull loose a solar panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                  If you’re concerned with the bran try the rice bran pellets. Deer eat them just the same. Less mess.
                  Deer eat the rice bran pellets well and those can be fed out of a regular protein feeder. But its not the same. I have tested them side by side.

Just to be clear this feeder is designed for Rice Bran Meal. With the meal/powder it will feed 4-5 lbs per feeding.

Regular protein or pellets it will feed 20-30 lbs per feeding.

With Range Cubes it will feed 5-8 lbs (I have a customer interested in feeders for his Angus bulls.)

Next test is sheep/goat/horse feed.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    What is different for the different gen of feeders? Say the 8 and 9?
                    Angles, door position and opening.

The Gen 8 dusted the trough and the deer could eat out of it and knock more out.

The Gen 9 dumps more feed and the deer can still eat out of it and dump more feed as long as the door is open.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Where do you pick these up at?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                      I'm in South Austin / Buda. But as I said I'm a small shop. Right now every feeder is built to order based off deposit.

Takes about 2-3 weeks to get them built.

Comment

Bruce I think you sold me

I will be getting with you before I head back to the lease. Thanks for all the info everyone.
                        No selling here just info.

If you decide you want one allow 2-3 weeks from time of deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post

Not the same at all. I've fed both and the meal/powder is much more desired by the deer

Comment

Not the same at all. I've fed both and the meal/powder is much more desired by the deer
                            Understood. Not my experience at all but I’m sure there are lots of variables. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

The nutrition in the rice bran pellets is different also. They have to add more ingredients in it to get it to cake I guess. The fat and protein are reduced. It's a good product also but I don't think it's as good as powder and costs $1 per bag.

Comment

I’m guessing so, but do most exotics eat rice bran also?

Comment

Working...
                                X