Cottonseed trailers for bulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonseed trailers for bulk

Looking for a better system of putting cottonseed out. Curious what people are using as far as trailers or however y'all are getting it out.

Thanks in advance.

16' flatbed and a tarp s all we use to get it to the ranch. Works great for a ton or so.

Comment

think he is wondering what people are using once at the ranch to get feed out to the stations. We just fill bed of truck. But looking for better solution to hold more so you dont have to make a bunch of trips to the feed pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
        think he is wondering what people are using once at the ranch to get feed out to the stations. We just fill bed of truck. But looking for better solution to hold more so you dont have to make a bunch of trips to the feed pile.

Yes. Need ideas for around the ranch. Lots of country to cover.

Comment

Bet a trash trailer would work great.

Comment

Comment

16’x6’x4’ will hold 4 plus tons easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best thing for me was a big pile then use a tractor or skid steer bucket to get it around the ranch. Never had to actually shovel it just scoop up a bucket full and then scrape it into the hoops

Comment

Old style livestock trailer without the top and plywood on the sides. narrow enough to get around easy but still hold alot

Comment

sorry. Need to be more clear. Was wondering if anybody was using a drop gate trailer or something similar. I have dump trailers but was looking for something a little easier to get to the feed and put in the baskets.

Comment

shovel into molasses tubs then dump into baskets

Comment

Anybody know of a blower type system like the feed wagons?

Comment

What you need is some teenagers!

Comment

We have two types. First one is a dump trailer 12’ that hold 2 tons. We use that one for fast runs. The other is a 16’ with built in side walls with welded supports that hold 4-5 tons. Both work great. We keep them cover at ranch and shovel about 20 big shovel scoops per feeding station per week. Both work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Use a 20 cu yd dump trailer to haul it and then use a seed box with the bottom shute to fill feeders, the box is designed to be carried by a forklift and I have forks for my backhoe
                              easy

Comment

Working...
                              X