Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mex and pea gravel! 5k might buy you 2 spots if negotiated correctly

Comment

Serious question...with all the lookers are good leases that hard to find? Ive passed 3 spots this year, two for the second year(sorry cant pass the invite)

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Serious question...with all the lookers are good leases that hard to find? Ive passed 3 spots this year, two for the second year(sorry cant pass the invite)
        I haven't found any to pass. Lol. I have a pretty good sized budget, and actively looking.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I haven't found any to pass. Lol. I have a pretty good sized budget, and actively looking.
          Same here. Either gotta know somebody or have pretty deep pocket books.

Comment

If all you are interested in is big deer, I would look hard out of state. Probably bigger deer for less money.

5k just for the lease should get you something good I would hope. As mentioned the other expenses likely be more if you are hunting Texas and feeding protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
              If all you are interested in is big deer, I would look hard out of state. Probably bigger deer for less money.

5k just for the lease should get you something good I would hope. As mentioned the other expenses likely be more if you are hunting Texas and feeding protein.

I want to be able to hunt whenever I want and bring the wife and little girl. Its not about big deer or the overall cost for me, I just want a nice family oriented lease where my little girl can enjoy the outdoors the way I did growing up.

Comment

Hell I can't find one for $6k.
                You had a good one in that total budget for lease and feed, perfect for family... think you came out once ?
                Last edited by James; 01-09-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                  You had a good one in that budget, think you came out once ?
                  Yeah I was on there for a season, made all of two trips. It was the year we had my little girl. That's the reason I got off, I just didn't have the time with a new baby and be able to keep up with a lease. I haven't been on a lease the past 2 years and now that she's old enough I'm looking again.

Comment

I want to be able to hunt whenever I want and bring the wife and little girl. Its not about big deer or the overall cost for me, I just want a nice family oriented lease where my little girl can enjoy the outdoors the way I did growing up.
                    Yes, there is much more to it than just killing a big buck. My 12 year old son and I hunted more this year than I ever have at the lease. I killed one doe, he killed 4 deer. It was probably the best season I have had even though it was extremely disappointing in regards to getting the big deer I was after. If the original post has a good lease in all areas other than 150+" deer, it may even make sense to keep the lease and go on a guided hunt somewhere else for muy grande.
                    Last edited by Kdog; 01-09-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Don’t know what it will get you. But whatever you do, don’t spend your money in an AR county

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                        Don’t know what it will get you. But whatever you do, don’t spend your money in an AR county
                        Haha c'mon man!

Comment

Cry baby

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                            Cry baby
                            Yep. Probably the worst financial decision I ever made. How when my grandsons inherit it, the won’t hold it against PawPaw.

Comment

My brother went to Cisco Jc and I always saw pretty nice bucks up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by leon.cty.legend View Post
                                My brother went to Cisco Jc and I always saw pretty nice bucks up that way.
                                I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X