• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sat through a H.S. graduation

I plan to pay off the next graduate so I can skip their graduation

Sat thru one last week. 466 graduates.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Last one for me, it was a beating. Could have just showed up afterwards and she never would have known the difference. 700 kids and called each by name and told where they were going to school......

Comment

I did UT school of education at noon last Friday then made it to College Station graduation at 4.

Comment

Man people act like their kid graduating high school is such a big deal. I pretty much expect everyone of mine to at least graduate HS and I’d be pretty freaking disappointed if they didn’t. Mine are in a smaller school though so graduation isn’t that big of a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The name calling for 500 students isn't the worst part for me...It's listening to the endless buttkissing and lies. Long ago it was stretching the truth saying how great everyone was(teachers, principle, supers, students etc) Now they go way too far overboard.

Comment

They’re definitely brutal but it’s a big moment in their lives. I also haul *** after my kids name is called!

Comment

I have one to go to next week that I almost didn't get to see so I'm not complaining.

Comment

I’ve been to everyone of my kids graduation. (7) Handed the majority of them their diploma. On the school board, so I’m still going. Average about 90 graduates. We have a bet every year to how long it will last. No speaker. A prayer before, 2 speeches(Valedictorian, salutatorian)each one walks across stage to receive diploma, ending prayer and walk out, never over 30 minutes. We have award banquets for the rest. Important to the kids so I enjoy being a part of it.

Comment

My son's HS was 500+ graduates - a real beating to sit through.
                    My daughter attending a small, private school, 20 or so graduates. Time spent on each kid was substantial (short slide show, etc.), but since we knew them all it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      The name calling for 500 students isn't the worst part for me...It's listening to the endless buttkissing and lies. Long ago it was stretching the truth saying how great everyone was(teachers, principle, supers, students etc) Now they go way too far overboard.
                      I hear you, both my girls had class size over 750!!

Comment

I tried to skip mine, momma wasn’t having it.

Comment

Going to my granddaughters this weekend. Just one of those things you have to do

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                          Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Been to two in the last week.
                            Yeah.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Jen-Man View Post
                              I’ve been to everyone of my kids graduation. (7) Handed the majority of them their diploma. On the school board, so I’m still going. Average about 90 graduates. We have a bet every year to how long it will last. No speaker. A prayer before, 2 speeches(Valedictorian, salutatorian)each one walks across stage to receive diploma, ending prayer and walk out, never over 30 minutes. We have award banquets for the rest. Important to the kids so I enjoy being a part of it.

I could handle 30 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                              X