• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Mama said....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Bobby Boucher voice

Comment

I see these conflicts from time-to-time in my practice. When an estate is being divided up, all kinds of resentment and other long-simmering family dynamics boil to the surface. Parents sometimes change their minds and write a child out of their will, (unbeknownst to them) or one child mooched off the parents for decades and still gets an equal share, which irks the other heirs, etc. There are many ways it can get ugly, especially if there is a lot of money/property involved.

Comment

Rent

The renters probably got a family deal through the time they lived there. Can tel you it's. It worth fighting over a 1 acre piece of land unless it is in frisco

Comment

Whatever mom or the will says.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
            That 1 family member has an adverse possession claim! Be careful.
            One of the five requirements of proving an adverse possession claim is that the occupancy or possession has to be against the wishes of the true owner. If the true owner gives consent or allows occupancy, then there is no claim adverse to the wishes of the owner.

I advise everyone in every instance to make sure their wishes are documented in a will, and that they talk with everyone involved to let them know what they are doing and why they are doing it. That relieves so much tension and animosity after the person passes because everyone is on the same page and can't claim undue influence, or that somebody tricked the person into doing what they did.

Some of the ugliest cases I have been involved in are estate cases where the heirs are fighting over "stuff". It is very, very sad and leave long-lasting and deep-seeded scars on all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
              That 1 family member has an adverse possession claim! Be careful.
              Not with this set of facts.

Comment

Well..if the 4 that just want without work **** mom off.....she can give it all the the one that takes care of it

Comment

I don't see any good end to this. Very unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                    This is how I see inherence, which I think separates me from these millennials stereotypes, "It was not mine to begin with, so if I receive nothing I will not be upset if I receive something then I will be thankful!"
                    diddo!
                    Besides i would much rather my brother and sister get everything to keep strife out of the family ( luckily my brother and sister think the same way i do)

Comment

One it is your mom's call and second it is not enough land to worry over.

-john

Comment

This is why people should not talk about their inheritance to their children.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          It is Mom's call period!
                          This !

Comment

I have been party to several inheritance situations, every time I signed away my rights and walked away, my peace and sanity is worth more than anything to me.
                            The rest of the family is still mad at one another over who got what, I giggle about it from time to time.

Comment

Sounds like you all need to sit down with judge momma and plead your cases in front of her. Give her some time to deliberate and let her make a ruling then suck it up because it's hers to do with as she pleases. Do it ASAP before she cannot make that decision well. Tread lightly as she may change her will and give it to the yard boy!

Bottom line, if momma wants to include the other sibling (could this be you?) in the remaining 6 acres, it only reduces the others by 0.3 acres. Unless this land is worth a ton, it doesn't seem like a huge family splitting deal and is not a large price to pay for the years of management and loyalty.

Comment

Sounds like momma needs to just give it to the one who has been doing all the work and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X