Video of My 178 6/8 Robertson Co.Typical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video of My 178 6/8 Robertson Co.Typical

I posted the pics and some parts of the story previously on another thread and promised some video. I pieced together some video clips from the 30 minutes of footage I got that morning before I shot him. He was very spooky and took him a while to come in. Luckily there was a doe he was interested in around, keeping him there. It was opening morning of gun season but I was bowhunting a 100 acre low fence place north of Bryan.

I had first seen what I believe to be this buck in November 2008 while on a ride with the landowner. I got permission to hunt that season but gave up quickly when all my stands were stolen almost immediately and I saw no animals in several sittings. I could only sit so long on a pillow in a fork of a tree and not see anything. I did not hunt the property in 2009, I was still ticked off from the previous experience. In 2010 I was back, this time with the first trail camera I had ever owned. In the summer I got some interesting pics of what seemed to be destined to be a huge rack. The season rolled around though and no sign of anything. I went the whole month of October without seeing a deer. However, I was starting to realize that I had a major poaching problem from trailcam pics, sign (prints, tire tracks, etc), and even getting a warning shot from someone real close. I suspected that had a lot to do with me not seeing anything. I did start getting pics of a huge buck on a daily basis for about a week but always at night, about that same time, my trail camera and feeder were then stolen too.

I invited a couple game wardens to the property, without going into details, they helped remove the poaching problem within a few weeks, but that season was shot, no luck.

The 2011 season rolled around and I was determined to get him. I had this place figured out by now and knew how to hunt it. Right off the bat I was seeing deer and getting pics of this buck starting in September. He would show up at night on camera about once a week/week and a half. I hunted every day I could during bow season, but he did not show until Nov 3. He walked under my tree to my right, I started to draw but decided to not force a shot attempt on him through limbs. I knew if I spooked him that was it. He walked off and came back at dark. I waited till 9:30 pm that night in the stand to make sure I didn't spook him. 2 days later on opening saturday of gun season he showed again, and I still had my bow in my hand and a camera strapped to the tree.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

What a stud man. Congrats again

Comment

Congratulations! It's awesome you've been after that deer for three years on a hundred acre parcel. Either you have a very low pressure area or that buck hung tight in that bottom. He sure wasn't willing to put himself out there for an open shot. I hope to find a deer like that one day.

Comment

Wow! What a hog! Congrats man!!!!

Comment

Unbelievable man. That is truly an incredible deer. Huge congrats. I work in b/cs and have heard about you and this deer. Youre a celebrity in the area!

Comment

Congratulations! Nice deer & video!

Comment

Great Video. Congrats again on a true monster

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Great buck. Congrats.

Comment

Did it net 170? Awesome buck. I spend some time in Roberson Cty but have never seen a buck approaching that. Congrats

Comment

What town are you hunting in if you don't mind me asking? Awsome deer by the way!

Comment

Am I reading this right. You killed that buck on a low fence 100ac lease with a poaching problem just outside of Bryan TX ??!! Well played sir you need to go buy a lottery ticket as well. He is a hogg!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
                        Congratulations! It's awesome you've been after that deer for three years on a hundred acre parcel. Either you have a very low pressure area or that buck hung tight in that bottom. He sure wasn't willing to put himself out there for an open shot. I hope to find a deer like that one day.
                        I have neighbor's gun blinds on every side. 5 of them within 300 yds of my bow blind, but none can see into that bottom from their box. Neighbors kill pretty much whatever walks. They shot almost every legal young buck I let walk this year. He hung down in that bottom and moved 99.9% of the time at night.

Comment

Wow man. Were you downwind or did you use serious scent protection? Because in the video he is checking to wind hard core.

Comment

Heck of a buck man!! Congrats!!

Comment

True Giant!!!! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X