No announcement yet.

Buying alcohol in bulk???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

150 people or so. I figured six beers per, maybe 125 drinkers. Some will have more, some less. Any overage just goes home with me.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
      Twenty four 30 packs of beer and about 30 bottles of wine.

Sam’s Club gets that done, with 1.5L wine bottles for $957. Not sure if I can beat that anyplace else.
      Yeah three cases of wine and a few six packs of beer isn't anything Ben E Keith would touch.
      Your local HEB will give you about another 10% off their "Pick 6" wine promo

Comment

150 people or so.
        30 bottles of wine is about 150 glasses of wine.
        Unless you're dealing with a bunch of folks under 18, you might want to up that amount.

Unless you meant 30 cases of wine, not 30 bottles.

Comment

We had about 180 at ours and ordered 2 kegs and a margarita machine. We drank about 15 gallons of margaritas and the 2 kegs. People will drink less than you think. We also served iced tea and water.

Also wine drinkers drink alot less cause of the higher alcohol content.

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
            We had about 180 at ours and ordered 2 kegs and a margarita machine. We drank about 15 gallons of margaritas and the 2 kegs. People will drink less than you think. We also served iced tea and water.

This makes me feel like my estimates are pretty close to what we need.

Comment

Boones Farm 2.79 30 = 83.70

Comment

You will not be able to purchase or have alcohol delivered from Ben E Keith or any other distributor with out liquor license.

Best bet is go to local beer/wine store, talk with manager and see if they will cut you a deal on bulk purchase. Locally owned stores will be your best bet.

If not, Costco, Sams...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RDT View Post
                  Boones Farm 2.79 30 = 83.70
                  So it’s a fancy wedding?

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post

I've been to weddings with a "cash bar" and only had one beer.
                    I've been to weddings with "open bar" and drank a bottle of tequila and walked home with a case of wine.

How fast can 100 people drink 150 glasses of wine?
                    LoL

Different strokes...

Comment

Order twice as much as you think you need. The worst thing that can happen at a wedding is running out of booze.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        Order twice as much as you think you need. The worst thing that can happen at a wedding is running out of booze.
                        I went to a wedding where the bride’s grandpa died at the reception. Soooo...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Well, they had to drown their sorrows, right?

Comment

As far as wine goes. We had a bunch of wine drinkers. Bought 6 reds and 6 whites and had 3 reds left and 2 whites. Wine drinkers sip it and drink less then beer drinkers.

And believe me we HAD the beer drinkers at my reception. Was 5 hours long. Length of reception, time of day and if food will be served has a factor too.

Comment

Never been to a dual funeral before. You win.

My feeling is if you want me to get a hotel for 2 nights, cover the grooms tab on the bachelor party then the least you can do is make sure I get to eat and drink as much as I can at the reception.

There is nothing wrong with a cash bar when money is a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                                Was the cause of death alcohol poisoning or got bit by a copperhead?

Comment

Working...
                                X