Best movie line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdevoto View Post
    We are not here die for our country. We are here to make the other guy die for his. ANON?
    "No ******* ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his country." - George S. Patton

Comment

"I'm on my break!"

"Stay on it"

"I ain't got $20."
      Roadhouse.

Comment

This is my personal favorite.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuDF3JFq8bc"]Old Times (The Last Picture Show) - YouTube[/ame]

"Being crazy over a woman like her is always the right thing to do."

Quentin Tarantino gives a nod to the line in Kill Bill. Extra credit if you know the scene.

Comment

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

"Joey, have you ever been to a Turkish prison?"

"What we got here is... failure to communicate."

"Lord have mercy! Is that what that is?"

"Hey, I hope you don’t mind, I got up a little early, so I took the liberty of milking your cow for you. Yeah, it took a little while to get her warmed up, she sure is a stubborn one. Then, POW, all at once. "

It all comes down to this roll. Roy Munson, a man-child, with a dream to topple bowling giant Ernie McCracken. If he strikes, he's the 1979 Odor-Eaters Champion. He's got one foot in the frying pan and one in the pressure cooker. Believe me, as a bowler, I know that right about now, your bladder feels like an overstuffed vacuum cleaner bag and your butt is kinda like an about-to-explode bratwurst.

"Yippee-ki-yay, bleepbleep"

Comment

IMO, some of the best have been mentioned already. So, here's a "honorable mention"...
            Brewster Baker: You watch your mouth, Shiftey!
            Swifty: It's Swifty! SWIFTY, you toad sucker!

Comment

From the original Preditor movie, Jessie Ventura offers his team some chewing tobacco but get no takers and he comments "Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a ***dam sexual tyrannosaurus......just like me."

"I have not begun to defile myself." Tombstone

Comment

"One day it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night..."

-Forest, Forest Gump.

"Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."

Chunk, Goonies

Comment

Originally posted by txarcher View Post
                  "are you gonna do something or just stand there and bleed? "

tombstone
                  this ^

Comment

"This is U.S. History, I see the globe right there!"

"Look at the bleepbleep pelicans!"

Bobby Baccilieri: World really went downhill after the World Trade Center. You know, Quasimodo predicted all of this.
                    Tony Soprano: Who did what?
                    Bobby Baccilieri: All these problems, the middle east. The end o' the world.
                    Tony Soprano: Nostradamus. Quasimodo's the hunchback of Notre Dame.
                    Bobby Baccilieri: Oh, right. Notredamus.
                    Tony Soprano: Nostradamus and Notre Dame, that's two different things completely.
                    Bobby Baccilieri: It's interesting though they'd be so similar, isn't it? And I always thought, "OK, Hunchback of Notre Dame. You also got your quarterback and your halfback of Notre Dame".
                    Tony Soprano: One's a bleeping cathedral!
                    Bobby Baccilieri: Obviously, I know. I'm just sayin'. It's interesting, the coincidence. What, you're gonna tell me you never pondered that? The back thing with Notre Dame?
                    Tony Soprano: No!

Comment

No Quotes from Aliens or Spaceballs?

"Game over man...Game Over!" -Aliens

Hey Vasquez, ever been mistaken for a man? -Aliens

What's the matter Colonel Sanders...Chicken? - Spaceballs

And one of my favorites...

Dark Helmet: Careful you idiot! I said across her nose, not up it!
                      Laser Gunner: Sorry sir! I'm doing my best!
                      Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?
                      Major *******: I did sir. He's my cousin.
                      Dark Helmet: Who is he?
                      Colonel Sandurz: He's an ******* sir.
                      Dark Helmet: I know that! What's his name?
                      Colonel Sandurz: That is his name sir. *******, Major *******!
                      Dark Helmet: And his cousin?
                      Colonel Sandurz: He's an ******* too sir. Gunner's mate First Class Philip *******!
                      Dark Helmet: How many *******s do we have on this ship, anyway?
                      [Entire bridge crew stands up and raises a hand]
                      Entire Bridge Crew: Yo!
                      Dark Helmet: I knew it. I'm surrounded by *******s!
                      [Dark Helmet pulls his face shield down]
                      Dark Helmet: Keep firing, *******s!

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
                        IMO, some of the best have been mentioned already. So, here's a "honorable mention"...
                        Brewster Baker: You watch your mouth, Shiftey!
                        Swifty: It's Swifty! SWIFTY, you toad sucker!

Love the Six Pack.

Comment

"Dammit, Woodrow, it aint dying I'm talking about . . . it's LIVIN" - Augustus McRae

". . . The fact that you've got replica written down the side of your gun. And the fact that I have Desert Eagle five point O, written on the side of mine . . ." - Snatch

"Men are gonna get killed here today, Sue. And I gonna kill em" - Charlie Waite, Open Range

Comment

"I thought the rocky mountains would be a little more rocky than this. That John Denver is full of sh*t man!"

Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carey) from Dumb and Dumber

Comment

Arresting Officer: Sir, could I please see your license?
                              Pedro: Whuut?
                              Arresting Officer: Your license. Where's your license?
                              Pedro: It's back there on the bumper, man!
                              Arresting Officer: No, I mean your DRIVER'S license.
                              Pedro: Oh yeah, I got the BS back here man...

Pedro: Hey I thought'a somethin' really funny, man... Your mother!

Arresting Officer: Sir, what's your name?
                              Pedro: uuhhh... Isn't in on the license, man? Yeah, that's it! Pedro La Parcas, man, that's my name...

Comment

Tony: If I'm going to lam it, I'm going with a bleeping package. I'm not going to be like bleeping Mickey Mazucco. The poor bleep only had five minutes to run. He ended up in some rat infested motel down in Elvis country.
                                Furio: What is that?
                                Paulie: Anywhere there are no Jews or Italians.
                                Furio: I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X