No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went ahead and finished with a 1 mile jog at the end also.

Much more difficult then the first one lol

Comment

Had a good week, I got a workout in everyday. Either weights, running, rowing or mountain bike every day except Friday ( because I’m hunting ) and are really well. Already down a few pounds and feeling better.

Comment

Started the year at 255. Sitting at 248 this morning before breakfast. Maybe some push ups today and I might watch my wife workout. That’s always fun.

EAT LESS

Comment

In this year. Starters at 260.1 full body workout yesterday and cardiovascular today. Hopefully kick diet in gear. I know the HIT conference in March will set me back, so I got to get focused before.

Comment

Yesterday was chest and tries

Dumbbell chest press
            DB incline
            Bench press
            Incline press
            Decline press
            Mch flys
            Cable flys

Tri ext
            Overhead ext cable
            Single arm ext D.B. and cable
            Cable kickbacks
            Dips
            Dips again
            Mch dips
            Overhead D.B. ext

Few oblique moves also

Pyramided all the chest exercise

1 mile run to start off followed by a 1 mile jog back to the hotel in 40 degrees, rain, and uphill the whole way

Ate awful yesterday though

Today is back and bi’s
            Last edited by 150class; 01-07-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Got it done and puked afterwards. Signs of a solid workout. Lol, I’ll log it later when I can get to a desk top. Solid working 150. Chew, your running is making me tired. Lol, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                We used to call them Resolutioners at the gym I worked at. They won't stick with it for the most part. One or two might, but the rest will quit after 3 months, max.
                Yup the first three months of a new year are always like that.

Comment

I've been steady for years but over next 2 months going to drop down some bf%. You guys have inspired me with some of the success posted.

Comment

Ran about 1.5 today. My hero is really hurting. Not sure why.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      You're hero is hurting? Hmmmmmm

Today's session went like this..

After warm up

5x4 cleans with no more than 90 seconds rest in between sets
                      5x5 trap bar dead lifts same rest as above
                      4x15 leg press 1 min rest or less in between sets

Super set seated hamstring curls/seated calf raises. Hammies were 4x12 and calves were 4x15

All weights except leg press were pyramided.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        Wth. My heel.

Comment

I actually don’t want to lose that much... I am about 320lbs and I am trying to get down to about 275-280 and work on muscle mass and density.

Comment

Back and legs today. The heckuvit is my lower back and left hip are now killing me. I was stiff before I went in and stretched real well when done, but dangit this is getting old.

5X5 lat pull down/leg extension, low row/goblet squat/incline leg raise, wide grip pullup/weighted crunch.

Good thing a camper was on the squat rack today. Tomorrow is up in the air.

Comment

Ok today was the start of another journey. After being a slacker for the two months before Christmas(only hitting the gym 2x week) and then taking the last two weeks off completely, I am officially a fat ***. I havent been anywhere near this heavy in about 5-7 years ago. I hit the scales this morning at the the gym at 197.8 lbs and 25.2% BF. I have to say I wasnt shocked as my clothes have been letting me know this was getting out of hand. I want to get 10-12 lbs off and reduce that BF% down to 17-18% as that is where a 54 year old man should be naturally. Im hoping getting back into the gym 5-6 times a week(4 minimum) will get this new found blubber off in relatively short order.

Today was 10 minute warm up, a little over an hour of chest lifts, about 15 minutes of abs and 12 minutes stretching in the dry sauna. I have to admit it was a struggle but I got it done. It is absolutely amazing at my age how hard it is to get results and how fast they change when you stop adhering to the program.

Good luck to everyone again this year and to you new guys, stay with it. The results may be slow but if you eat right and exercise, people wont recognize you in a year and will be complimenting you none stop. Just think, 1lb a week may not seem like much but it is 52 lbs in a year!

Comment

Originally posted by FKFL View Post
                                I actually don’t want to lose that much... I am about 320lbs and I am trying to get down to about 275-280 and work on muscle mass and density.
                                How big a boy are you? Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X