Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
    I enjoy talking with them.
    Somehow it feels like as long as I am wasting someone else's time they aren't wasting mine. I will often get hung up on.
    This is me, if i have time ill answer and just mess with them for awhile. I can usually tell within the first couple of minutes how long i can string them along for.
    I get a kick out of some of them who get so mad they start cussing in totally random words and sentences that make no sense at all.

Comment

Yep, they will change gears quickly when they realize you are not actually interested in what they are selling.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        ^^^^This. I downloaded it and it's stopped them all so far except for one I think. I used to get three or four a day, including the same security system call you got.

How does it work?

Comment

I use an app called 10-21.
          I have to use my phone to call people on duty and it generated a number with their area code. It allows them to call me back. It keeps my number private.

But I do get spam calls

Comment

Me too. They hang up on you if you answer. I just decline then block the number.

Comment

I don’t answer my phone no matter who calls. Telemarketers can call all they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                Wait until they start using your number to call people and those people start calling you back.
                This is happening alot. I end up on call for work and they give my personal cell so if I get a missed call I can't catch I have to call back...one poor ladies local number has called me 3 times and she had no idea why I was calling her back. It was a telemarketer when I finally answered it.

Comment

if I get a call from a number I don't know I don't answer it, if it is important, they will lease a message. If not, then I could care less who called

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    if I get a call from a number I don't know I don't answer it, if it is important, they will lease a message. If not, then I could care less who called
                    ^^^^ They can leave a message are text me if it's that important

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                      This is happening alot. I end up on call for work and they give my personal cell so if I get a missed call I can't catch I have to call back...one poor ladies local number has called me 3 times and she had no idea why I was calling her back. It was a telemarketer when I finally answered it.
                      I've been like that poor lady a lot. I just don't answer now unless I know the person or I'm expecting a call. You can't explain to people that you never called them.

Comment

I've gotten to the point if I don't know the number, I don't take the call. Had some complain to me today, and I pointed out they didn't leave a voicemail.

Going to try the Protect app out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                          I get a lot of pre recorded calls but if you press 0 or 1 it will take you direct to a person and it's usually a Indian guy. I give him a good cussin and then hang up on him. It's kind of fun!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                          I have one of the air horns like you keep on a boat---get a live person on the line, give 'em 2 blasts with it and then hang up.

Comment

My family has gone to texting each other, if the phone rings there's about a 75% chance it getting ignored unless I'm expecting a call.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              Do you know if it will block call calls from actual people? For example, I get calls from customers all over the country on a daily basis. Would hate to download this app and then my customers get blocked lol.

That’s part of what gets me every time too. I’m so used to out of state calls that when I see an unrecognized number, I answer it thinking it’s someone in the field. About 75% of the time it’s a scammer, but sure enough when I decide to ignor one, it’s a customer calling. Never fails.

So far so good. I get calls from clients as well on my cell phone and it hasn’t blocked them. You might give it a try and see if it helps. I was getting 5+ BS calls a day now I get 1 every few days and it tells you it’s a telemarketer.

Comment

Call protect is working great for me !

Comment

Working...
                                X