No announcement yet.

Floating Duck Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a pretty good idea. I like this alot.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. I put the welded wire fence on the outside and it will be floated one day this weekend! Then time to start on #2! The second one will be much nicer than this. This was the prototype.

Comment

Looks solid, will look real good decked out in marsh grass.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          Looks solid, will look real good decked out in marsh grass.
          We usually brush blinds the weekend before teal season but I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait that long this year, I can't wait to see how it looks! At least I'll have another one of these to build to keep me busy!

Comment

Nice. What gives with the Hippo skull in the background? Is that one of Jacks?

Comment

Man that looks good. I would go ahead and weld four short pieces of 1" or 2" to the four corners. That way if you need to stake it down in shallow water you could. When it is staked down it will be a lot more stable and if you never use them they wont be in the way of anything JMO.
              Nice setup, looks to be a duck's worst nightmare!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                    Nice. What gives with the Hippo skull in the background? Is that one of Jacks?
                    I was going to ask the same thing... is that a hippo jaw bone in the background?!?

Comment

I am impressed.

Post a few of the brushed in stage when time comes.

Rwc

Comment

Keep the pics coming. Really want to see how this turns out in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                          Once we put deck boards on there and are wearing waders we will have no problem shooting ducks right over the water. Every other blind I have built the sides have been way too short and you are laying down on the floor of the blind trying to hide while you work ducks. You will be able to see plenty through the cover on the blind. I'd rather have to stand up to spot ducks and then be able to sit down comfortably while working them then spot them sitting down and have to been over to hide everytime you want to work birds.
                          Funny how experience building these things and using them gives you a good idea of what you want and what works, eh?
                          Slick looking rig.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                            Sorry for the lack of updates everyone. I put the welded wire fence on the outside and it will be floated one day this weekend! Then time to start on #2! The second one will be much nicer than this. This was the prototype.

That might be the smallest duck dog i've ever seen!

Very nice work man!

Comment

weaving in the grass is a pain in the butt trust me, but its SO worth it!

Comment

The hippo skull is my girlfriends, we just moved and haven't found a good place for it yet.

We usually do a whole base layer of palmettos and then cut and bundle fresh reeds throughout the year and put those on top to keep fresh green cover on it. The best part about being able to move this blind is to move it into fresh natural cover whenever we want. Normally afte a couple weeks of hunting all the natural cover is knocked down around the blind leaving a square patch of brush that sticks out like a sore thumb. Now we can just move it 20 ft and be in thick fresh natural cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X