No announcement yet.

Bear pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&W 460 XVR. Shoots the 454 Casull and the 45 colt as well, its big and heavy, but I cant think of anything that will survive and encounter with it as long as you don't miss. Lol Then again, as stated earlier 16 rounds of 10mm with a reload for 15 more is really hard to beat. Plus its alot smaller, lighter and faster shooting.

Comment

Consider a S&W 629 44 magnum, stainless steel, double action, just pull the trigger...maybe even two of them....

Comment

44 mag and bear spray....

Comment

Here is my model 57 mtn gun. While lighter than the regular model 57 it still gets heavy carrying it around hiking. Something to consider if your gonna be doing alot of walking is weight.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
            Any of the above, but your chances of getting hit by a bus is better than getting attacted by a lion or bear.
            Your chances of getting hit by lightening are about like winning the lottery but I don't want to go fishing in a thunderstorm.

Comment

A bear tag, just sayin'

Comment

How about a SLOW friend.

Comment

Looked into the same thing a while back, talked to a lot of guides I was wanting an automatic but every one of them told me to get a revolver. It only takes one jam or misfire and your done. We were going caribou hunting in Alaska where coastal browns were. I told the guy at the gun shop where we were going and I wanted a ruger 44 mag he told me that it would be better to shoot myself with the pistol before the bear got me! He told me to read a book called Alaskan bear tales, I would say DON'T do that if you want to go hunting in Alaska!

Comment

1) Bear Spray
                    2) 44 mag
                    3) Bow

in that order-

Comment

Ruger new vaquero.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam-Mac View Post
                        Academy has a .22 revolver.

Its all about shot placement!!!

As long as your not alone

Comment

the kodiak developed for bears on kodiak island

Comment

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                            Well people here in Alaska need to really be scared of buses. We had 2 attacks in my neighbor hood last year. One days walking her dog another jogging. Bear did not kill them just slapped them around a little.
                            X2 on the AK comment. My wife and I were staying with a friend in Seward AK a few years ago. We went for a walk in the neighborhood one afternoon. Nice neighborhood. Houses, kids riding bikes, and people walking dogs. You'd think no chance of a bear encounter. Good thing we were warned not to think that. Just half a mile from where we were staying, we went around a curve in the road and standing in a creek 70 yards away was a sow and her cub brown bear. We backed out and let them be. Just goes to show, you can run into a bear practically anywhere up there.

Whatever you choose to carry, don't let it make you careless. Watch for them and stay away from them.

Comment

.357 or .44 mag

Comment

S&W 44 Mag HIVIZ Airlite 329PD

Scandium frame, titanium cylinder.

Stu

Comment

Working...
                                X