Opinions on broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by docj99 View Post
    Can't go wrong with NAP Thunderhead. For dependability I'd def use a fixed blade. The more parts you got moving the better chance of something not working right during crunch time.
    That was what I was thinking after the issues with my rage

Comment

Agree, the NAP Thunderhead are very dependable. Been using them for years. Never had any problems with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Iolabowhunter View Post
        Muzzy 3 blades for a fix type or try the Vortex expandable. I have been using them for years no problems.
        MUZZY!!!

Comment

I like steelforce phatheads. Fly good and blades are thick for bone cutting.

Comment

My goto Fixed head is the Magnus Stinger. I'm really wanting to try the NAP HellRazor but see no need at this point.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              My goto Fixed head is the Magnus Stinger. I'm really wanting to try the NAP HellRazor but see no need at this point.

Good luck.
              I've also heard great things about the magnus stinger, my buddies mom blew straight through a doe at 20 yds shooting 30# with one

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser45 View Post
                Iv heard of slick tricks dont penetrate shoulder
                Last weekend I shot a 250 pound wild hog with slick trick broadhead. It was a quartering away shot and broke two ribs going in, and exited through the shoulder going out. A nice blood trail led me to the dead hog 75 yards away. I've also had through and through penetration on every deer I've shot with my ST's in the past 3 years. I suppose they are not "perfect", but I've never had any reason to shoot anything else since I started using them.

Comment

Originally posted by stan View Post
                  Last weekend I shot a 250 pound wild hog with slick trick broadhead. It was a quartering away shot and broke two ribs going in, and exited through the shoulder going out. A nice blood trail led me to the dead hog 75 yards away. I've also had through and through penetration on every deer I've shot with my ST's in the past 3 years. I suppose they are not "perfect", but I've never had any reason to shoot anything else since I started using them.
                  ^^^^^This

Comment

I'll take any and all unwanted 100 grain, 2 blade Rage heads, off your hands for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                      Slick Trick 100 gr Magnum is what I'm shooting.
                      What he said

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChaser45 View Post
                        Iv heard of slick tricks dont penetrate shoulder
                        They don't! They blow through them. Do yourself a favor and go get some and see for yourself. Great BH. Not MO, but FACT.

Comment

I know you said fixed blade but give NAP SpitFires a try. Can't beat em!

Comment

G5 montecs, I love that you can use them for practice and take them to the stone to be resharpened.

Comment

I really like NAP thunderheads.. Been using them for 10 years now and never had an issue. I'll go buy a package of replacement blades once a year and replace the old blades instead of sharpening them.

Comment

muzzy, or slick tricks

Comment

Working...
                                X