No announcement yet.

Game Warden Field Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree the rubber snake operation would seem to be difficult to prosecute.

It's not against the law to pick up a rubber snake in the road. All those guys have to say is they knew it was a fake and found an opportunity to grab some road treasure.

Comment

Many of the folks I know would swerve to run over a big snake!

That would seem to frustrate the operation...wonder what the GW does about that!!!???

Comment

Our tax money could be spent better elsewhere

Comment

Ridiculous that they have a law like that. I would be fighting these charges over picking up a rubber snake. Not sure how they can claim it is hunting with an artificial light either if they set the snake on the road to begin with.

Comment

X1000
            Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            "Notes" yall, they're just notes. You Jr. Matlocks may find this hard to believe.....but they don't tell everyone everything about each case in the public notes! What if the guys had been caught selling the state's resources (it's not just deer, yall) and they want to tack on a few hunting charges to larger charges?
            Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
              The difference being when someone road hunts a decoy they usually discharge a firearm from a public road which is illegal regardless of why they discharged it. In this case you have individuals stopping to observe something on the side of the road which they identified as fake and then removed the obstacle from the roadside (which may or may not be illegal depending on how thin you want to stretch the "stopping on a public roadway" charge).
              That is an excellent argument to make in court.

not to the game warden

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
              glad they are pursuing the guys catching snakes. Part of TPW is to protect all WILDLIFE. The grey banded king snake is a very popular species in the reptile trade. For years people would come from across the US to collect then sell the animals they caught off Texas roads.

I know it sounds stupid to most, but it is much needed restriction. It took forever to require these to get a license.
              Not to mention the safety hazard of these people trying to catch animals on the side of a highway in rock cuts. Imagine flying down the road in west texas at 70mph to come over the hill and some one is parked in the middle of the road trying to catch a snake
              My sole objection is that my lifetime license specifically doesn't include this one endorsement.

That's the pinnacle of stupid state thinking - and I'm not talking about the silly ten dollars.

Comment

Wonder how many times it’s been run over.

Comment

Working...
                X