No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be a fun team to watch this year. The lineup is deep and lots of possibilities with Musgrove, Paulino, and Martes. If they dont do much prior to the trade deadline, the system is stacked to make a move for a bonafide stud for the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Should I hedge it with a purchase of crow for you....
      Go ahead....get one or two you like because that is what you will be eating.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Go ahead....get one or two you like because that is what you will be eating.
        We'll see

Comment

The Astros are going to be solid this year. The young guys did a lot of growing up last season, and adding Beltran to the clubhouse is going to help them mature even more (even though I am still madd at Beltran for leaving after the 2005 season).

Comment

Go Stros!

Comment

Gonna. Be. Great!

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                The Astros are going to be solid this year. The young guys did a lot of growing up last season, and adding Beltran to the clubhouse is going to help them mature even more (even though I am still madd at Beltran for leaving after the 2005 season).
                I dont understand why people are mad Beltran left. He was a rental. New York made a better offer than our tightwad owner. Beltran had no history here and certainly didnt owe this town anything. I wished he would have resigned but I never once was upset with his decision.

Comment

Astros go all the way this year....save it.....

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    I dont understand why people are mad Beltran left. He was a rental. New York made a better offer than our tightwad owner. Beltran had no history here and certainly didnt owe this town anything. I wished he would have resigned but I never once was upset with his decision.
                    Actually, our offer if you take in to account the NY State income tax, was pretty similar. And Beltran strung Houston along as their big offseason acquisition so that we missed out on other quality free agents because he wouldn't commit. He played the middle man so bad that we missed out on any other off season acquisitions. McLane was committed to getting him and winning a World Series. If Beltran would have signed, we would have gotten other players here as well.

He listened to Scott Boras too much. How did his years in NY work out?

Also, he left after the 2004 season. He wanted a ring, well guess what, who was in the World Series in 2005??? Could we have won in 2005 with him? We would have had a lot better chance.

Astros offered 7 years and $105mm. He signed for $119mm. Says the sticking point was a no trade clause. Whatever. He leveraged the Astros for as much as he could, then left. And still hasn't won a ring. He got greedy

Comment

Let's go Astro's!!!!

Comment

Yulieski gurriel?Wonder what ya think. In my opinion he's going to do great things

Comment

Looking forward to the season.

Comment

Looks like they moved from Kissimmee to west Palm beach

Comment

Originally posted by BuckTrail View Post
                              Yulieski gurriel?Wonder what ya think. In my opinion he's going to do great things
                              Systemnt loves him some of that old Cuban.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                Systemnt loves him some of that old Cuban.
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X