2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMS View Post
    My goal this year is to catch more coons than Smart!
    LOL...you might can....we've put a big hurtin' on em the past two years and hoping the numbers are down... But we are going to sure keep trying.

Comment

In- Great thread last year Smart, enjoyed it.
      Location- Sterling

Comment

I had a busy weekend at the lease. With Jeremy's help, I got my new bow spot set up and feeder going. Went ahead and chopped the feeders legs down AGAIN on my Big Horn 600lb'er so, I can fill it comfortably from the truck bed now.

I swear that feeder kept getting taller each year some how. Lol. No mo ladder needed now.

I'm really excited about this new spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          I had a busy weekend at the lease. With Jeremy's help, I got my new bow spot set up and feeder going. Went ahead and chopped the feeders legs down AGAIN on my Big Horn 600lb'er so, I can fill it comfortably from the truck bed now.

I swear that feeder kept getting taller each year some how. Lol. No mo ladder needed now.

We whacked another one this weekend. Our buddy Tommy was the lucky hunter.

Wish I could have been there Sunday for the pictures and to hold this buck. Way to kick off 2017 though
          Good job Brandon on the LDP's

Comment

Tommy's buck was an impressive sucker. This was his best rack. IMO.

He might have been a touch bigger last year on the frame but him throwing out that drop tine this year is just way too cool.

Very happy and deserving for Tommy. He got a good one.

Comment

Nice buck for sure! Like the drop !

Comment

What a beautiful framed buck.

Congrats to the hunter.

Rwc

Comment

where'd you get the protein and corn from?

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                    Went to fill protein and corn feeders this past weekend had almost 2in of rain over the last 5 days everything is already starting to green up. Ran a few traps and came up with 4 coons on one set.

****...i like your beaners on the traps, gonna do that to mine!

Headed to Stiles on Thursday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MRcheeto View Post
                      where'd you get the protein and corn from?
                      Angelo Pellets for protein 20% extreme $350 a ton and corn I got to Bucces $238 a ton

Comment

Well just found out that there's a good chance I may have to find a new home for next yr. I knew it may be a possibility and it's looking more and more likely. Will know for sure in February.
                        So....if anyone knows of a property that has good deer and needing a very management knowledgable(at least in my mind) lease memeber then pm me the details. Just wanting to get some feelers out there in case I get the boot or decide to leave in feb.
                        wouldn't mind getting back to Angelo area.

Comment

Those BigHorns are so much nicer at 7-8ish' than 11-12 plus.. Nick has finally agreed to cutting his down this year after helping me fill mine for two years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00Seismic view.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24481693
                          Last edited by Smart; 01-23-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Dang...Doby's feeder legs are still full length!!?? Climbing that high with a 50lb bag will wear out a Brutha quick. Lol

I'm very surprised he has waited this long to cut 'em down.

Comment

Dang...Doby's feeder legs are still full length!!?? Climbing that high with a 50lb bag will wear out a Brutha quick. Lol

I'm very surprised he has waited this long to cut 'em down.
                              You and me both....we had the saw and his feeder was empty. He said Naaahhhh... Now he's like "we" should have done it then. I said this "we" was ready then..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chute view.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	24481696

Comment

Glad to see the beneficial rains up that way this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X