Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    I have a gun (legally)
    You have a gun (legally) (Dont know who you are though..you a freindly? you arent on my detail...you pulled a gun out.."to help"..-- and I have one job ..protect vice president. Guess you get shot too.)
    Bad guy has a gun (legally)
    Now what.
    Last edited by systemnt; 05-01-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I tried a search.. but i couldnt find where you were so adamant about your point of view LAST year when the same policy was applied at the NRA convention when Trump spoke...

The Secret Service has the authority to prohibit firearms from any location the people it protects visit. ( Title 18, Section 3056 of the U.S. Code lays out the “powers, authorities, and duties of United States Secret Service.”)

Comment

just for clarification: I can carry in the show but not in the place where the VP is speaking, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
          just for clarification: I can carry in the show but not in the place where the VP is speaking, correct?
          Yes

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            I tried a search.. but i couldnt find where you were so adamant about your point of view LAST year when the same policy was applied at the NRA convention when Trump spoke...
            Didn't realize they have been this stupid before - My fault for not paying better attention. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I am now. They are a joke.

Comment

Man, the media has some of yall trained well. No need for any sort of critical thinking here, just parrot the sound bite you heard on TV from David Hogg. A bunch of mouth breathing crayon eaters loosing their mind over a small window, jeez.

Gun owners may pack heat in accordance with state law throughout most of the three-day pow-wow inside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, but they cannot bring guns into a leadership forum from noon to 3 p.m. Friday featuring the POTUS and VP, because secret service won’t allow it.

“Due to the attendance of the Vice President of the United States, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance,” the NRA said in a statement posted to its website.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Man, the media and some liberal members herehave some of yall trained well. No need for any sort of critical thinking here, just parrot the sound bite you heard on TV from David Hogg. A bunch of mouth breathing crayon eaters loosing their mind over a small window, jeez.

Gun owners may pack heat in accordance with state law throughout most of the three-day pow-wow inside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, but they cannot bring guns into a leadership forum from noon to 3 p.m. Friday featuring the POTUS and VP, because secret service won’t allow it.

“Due to the attendance of the Vice President of the United States, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance,” the NRA said in a statement posted to its website.
                fify

Comment

Stop and swap howdies at the "Your Target" booth. I'll be helping out Bill on Friday.

Comment

Could someone grab me an NRA t-shirt for the convention. Size XL. I'll paypal of mail you a check for the shirt and shipping

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      Man, the media has some of yall trained well. No need for any sort of critical thinking here, just parrot the sound bite you heard on TV from David Hogg. A bunch of mouth breathing crayon eaters loosing their mind over a small window, jeez.

Only ones brainwashed are the sheep following the NRA and this stupid decision. No better than a liberal.

Comment

The HYPOCRISY of a NRA event getting personal firearms BANNED is absolutely the WORST.
                        After thinking about how stupid the NRA is for going along with the idiot secret service folks it dawned on me.
                        Only ones brainwashed are the sheep following the NRA and this stupid decision.

Yo Jer. Take a deep breathe man. Hit your caps lock button and look at this objectively. You arent even making any sense, guns are not banned from the event. And no one is following the NRA.

This is a SS call. They are there to create a bubble of protection for the POTUS and the VP. This is the same kind of stuff that happens when they visit foreign nations.

Help me understand what you think should happen here. In your utopia what is the best possible scenario ?

Comment

Best possible scenario is me being allowed to carry throughout an entire NRA event.

I would have zero issue with them canceling the VP and President if these were their stipulations. They have the final say. While they didn't make the guidelines, they absolutely agreed to them.

They gave up their principles for what ?

Comment

Best possible scenario is me being allowed to carry throughout an entire NRA event.

I would have zero issue with them canceling the VP and President if these were their stipulations. They have the final say. While they didn't make the guidelines, they absolutely agreed to them.

They gave up their principles for what ?
                            Do you think you should be able to carry at any venue or event?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                              Do you think you should be able to carry at any venue or event?
                              I respect private entities and their right to their choice. If it was my choice I would have the ability to carry everywhere.

When you are the NRA, I didn't think there should be a choice.

Comment

This is just an awkward situation...if any one of us was in charge of the potus or VP?? Our only responsibility is to be overkill on their safety. Your whole existence is to keep them from being assasinated & from any harm. I'm not sure what they are supposed to do with the irony??

I can only hope the VP would address it if only to acknowledge...it honestly doesn't get me all that jazzed up. It's likely the safest room or place to be in the whole city at that particular time. It's the same formality at any engagement they would attend so it's not worth the drama imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X