No announcement yet.

Dog with a wart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lab had the same thing on his nose. Decided to have it removed but it has benign.

Comment

Well got home yesterday and saw blood on the tile as I walked in. He ripped the wart partially off. I patched him up and put a wrap on his head to keep him from shaking that ear. The wrap didn’t last long, but it was enough to stop the bleeding.Taking him in this morning to get it checked out and hopefully removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife took him in and they said it's a benign wart and should be fine. They could have it removed, but couldn't do it until next week sometime and said there is still a possibility of it coming back. They said it looks like it is drying out and could fall off. Basically just sent us home and said if we wanted it off they would remove it, but otherwise it was fine.

Comment

Poor poochie!

Comment

Wartdog

Comment

Dog with a wart?

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
              Wartdog

He says that ain’t funny! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                My wife took him in and they said it's a benign wart and should be fine. They could have it removed, but couldn't do it until next week sometime and said there is still a possibility of it coming back. They said it looks like it is drying out and could fall off. Basically just sent us home and said if we wanted it off they would remove it, but otherwise it was fine.
                my pupper had one of those on his foot when he was about your dogs age -- it fell off after a week or two -- he is ten years old now and it has never come back.

Glad to hear that you got good news from your vet!

Comment

Same for my older lab she gets them occasionally kind of like skin tags. I just get some braided fishing line tie an overhand knot around and cinch the knot down and off it comes.

Jason Slocum

Comment

Honestly it looks like a sebaceous adenoma. They are benign growths that have a cauliflower-like texture. Pretty common in older dogs. Could also be a wart among other things. Usually once they start scratching at them and making them bleed they continue to irritate them and make a mess. My recommendation to clients at that stage usually is to remove them. I always offer/recommend sending them off for histopath just to make sure they are benign.

Comment

Working...
                    X