• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be there this weekend.

Comment

Saw some nice scrapes today

Comment

Had an absolutely awesome day. Had three doe come in right at sunrise, they were quickly pushed out by two bucks that were chasing them. As I watched them leave I heard something behind me. Turned and saw another three doe. Unfortunately, I rushed the shot and missed. After that two more deer, one being a buck came about 200 yards out. No other action till 2pm when a fork horn ran directory under my tree. He was licking away and looked horny as hell. Then a really nice buck and two more does passed far off. No action till right before dark. The does were everywhere feeding. Managed to drop my second right before last light. BUCK TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
          Had an absolutely awesome day. Had three doe come in right at sunrise, they were quickly pushed out by two bucks that were chasing them. As I watched them leave I heard something behind me. Turned and saw another three doe. Unfortunately, I rushed the shot and missed. After that two more deer, one being a buck came about 200 yards out. No other action till 2pm when a fork horn ran directory under my tree. He was licking away and looked horny as hell. Then a really nice buck and two more does passed far off. No action till right before dark. The does were everywhere feeding. Managed to drop my second right before last light. BUCK TIME!
          Going out tomorrow looking for my buck. Hopefully i can catch a big guy chasing. Great job on the doe!

Comment

Live Hunt, Willis Creek! Woke up early to prepare for a great hunt this morning. Wanted to make sure I disturbed the wildlife as little as possible and avoid messing up other hunters. Sitting on stand since 6 am. About 720am, I hear a doe blowing. I'm thinking,"Crap, I'm winded!" I was wrong. Only 60 yards from my stand was another hunter rolling in! Guess he overslept. Do us a favor, if you can't get on stand before sunrise, stay home, or at least wait until prime time is over.
            Last edited by jtslush; 11-16-2015, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacktailSlayer View Post
              Going out tomorrow looking for my buck. Hopefully i can catch a big guy chasing. Great job on the doe!
              Good luck finding one of the Granger monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by jtslush View Post
                Live Hunt, Willis Creek! Woke up early to prepare for a great hunt this morning. Wanted to make sure I disturbed the wildlife as little as possible and avoid messing up other hunters. Sitting on stand since 6 am. About 720am, I hear a doe blowing. I'm thinking,"Crap, I'm winded!" I was wrong. Only 60 yards from my stand was another hunter rolling in! Guess he overslept. Do us a favor, if you can't get on stand before sunrise, stay home, or at least wait until prime time is over.
                I apologize. I have a variety of excuses for my time frame. I saw your truck, assumed where you were and tried to avoid you. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
                  I apologize. I have a variety of excuses for my time frame. I saw your truck, assumed where you were and tried to avoid you. Best of luck to you.
                  Have you seen anything at least?

Comment

Age and score?

Comment

4.5 Not sure on the score, looks like only 7 points so not much
                      Last edited by jtslush; 11-16-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

If you gave me the GPS coordinates of your camera I can accurately score him.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                          If you gave me the GPS coordinates of your camera I can accurately score him.
                          Ground check.

Comment

Older 8pt, 120 on the nose...big body...

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                              Older 8pt, 120 on the nose...big body...
                              I would agree.... i would ground check that guy if he walked out. Nice mature buck. Go gettem!

Comment

Went out today and got skunked. Lots of new scrapes showing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X