No announcement yet.

Single vs Two stage Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the CMC single stage 3.5 in one of my lowers. I will soon replace the others with the same trigger as the cash is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
      Geissele SSA-E for 2 stage
      This is what I use. I have a Timney single stage on my bolt action and I like my 2 stage more. But everyone is different..

Comment

Thanks for all the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't go wrong with the CMC for the price

Comment

Help me understand a 2 stage trigger. I never have used one. Does it have an easy pull, going into a slightly harder pull? Or the opposite? Can't see it being hard then easy.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
              Help me understand a 2 stage trigger. I never have used one. Does it have an easy pull, going into a slightly harder pull? Or the opposite? Can't see it being hard then easy.
              Two-stage triggers just give you a clear indication of when they are going to break by going through the "wall." Some people like it... even rave about it... like anything, they'll tell you it's the only way to go, what will work for you, etc. My opinion is that it's purely personal preference. I know when my single stages will break without the take up/creep designed into them. Some like the feedback of the take up... some don't.
              The stages are described individually, but they are additive.
              Example:
              Stage 1 - 1.5 lbs
              Stage 2 - 0.5 lbs
              Total pull weight - 2.0 lbs.

Comment

Another vote for Geissele SSA-E for 2 stage.

Comment

I vote single stage but that's personal preference, I have a Cmc On my way! I like, check out primary arms and look at the rise brand drop in usually run them on sale around $99 pretty nice triggers as well

Comment

The stages are described individually, but they are additive

That's what I thought. Couldn't imagine being heavy, then light.

Comment

I have a geissele ssa, larue, LMT 2 stage, cmc single stage 3.5 and a single stage JP 3.5 I believe. I would stay away from LMT out of this group, my favorite is the single stage JP followed by the cmc. I’ve shot 2 stage for years but always come back to my single stage.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                        Absolutely the best AR trigger I have ever shot is this
                        Geissele Hi-Speed National Match-DMR Trigger Adjustable (2 Stage: 2.3-3.6lbs First, 0.5-1.5 Second)

This is my favorite trigger in an AR15 platform. It is super smooth.

Comment

Working...
                        X