No announcement yet.

Crockpot pulled pork - super easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna have to make me some tacos with this one. Sounds great.

Comment

I made it last night for my self. Only problem was that I have 5 pounds of left overs. Excellent! I think next time though I am going to take the meat out of the crock pot about an hour or so early. Then place in a foil pan uncovered and put in the smoker to finish. Hopefully add a little smoke flavor to it.

Comment

I just bought another shoulder to do at the lease this weekend while I'm turkey hunting. I'm gonna make a dutch oven peach cobbler too. I don't know how it could get much better than that meal.

Comment

Thanks for the Tip

Comment

Tried the pulled pork idea tonight with just Cattlemen's BBQ sauce as the seasoning, and it was DANG good!

Comment

My wife does something similar, she takes a boned out front shoulder (Deer or Hog) and puts in the crock pot after she has seasoned it with Tony's Creole seasoning, Lawery's Garlic seasonall, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Then she puts in two cans of cream of mushroom soup and using one of the cans, adds one can water. She does this at 6 am and turns the crock pot on high and lets it cook all day. When we get home from work (about 5 pm), we have a roast with gravy waiting for us ready to eat, that so tender it melts in your mouth. She serves it over rice or bread.

Comment

[ATTACH]34051[/ATTACH]

FYI...

Comment

Got a 3 1/2 pound whole loin in the crock pot now. I put some Weber Mesquite seasoning on it, a little extra black pepper, and some barnacle dust. Also put a little worschesire in the water, and chopped in a 1/2 onion, and a small bell pepper.........We'll see tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Got a 3 1/2 pound whole loin in the crock pot now. I put some Weber Mesquite seasoning on it, a little extra black pepper, and some barnacle dust. Also put a little worschesire in the water, and chopped in a 1/2 onion, and a small bell pepper.........We'll see tonight!
                    I predict it will be great, even though I don't know what barnacle dust is !

I think it's the cut of pork that does it. There's enough fat and connective tissue that is just cooks the thing down to super tender. Pork tastes good with just about anything, so this recipe will work with whatever flavoring you like.

Comment

It was very good.....it's still very good!

I saved the stock that was left and it's back in the crock pot today with some beans! Pork & beans tonight!

I think I just farted....

Comment

Cooked this at the fire station last night. turned out great! everyone love it!

Comment

Going to dig out the crockpot tonight and get it ready for the morning!!! This sounds like a great dish and easy as can be, I always roast my hog/deer shoulders, but this sounds better.

Comment

Originally posted by BowVista View Post
                            I cut all this stuff up myself, so it's ridiculous that I don't know what it's called.
                            I just de-bone everything, and keep the stuff that looks good.

I have a bunch of big chunks off the butt that I wasn't sure what to do with. I'll give them a try with this.
                            If you have a smoker you can smoke some of that pig. I like to let it soak over night in some

Moore's or dales ( I like moore's better less salt)
                            Whiskey (have to use KY bourbon)
                            Worcestershire sauce
                            a couple drops of franks hot sauce or Texas Pete
                            Some garlic powder and onion powder
                            And whatever other seasonings you want to put in there.

I just put these in to my taste. So there really is no measuring to it. I have done deer and pig like this and they turned out great.

Comment

Originally posted by BowVista View Post
                              I have a dummy question. When you say "shoulder" are you just talking about a big chunk of meat from the hindquarter?
                              After watching Alton Brown on the Food Network, i feel confident in saying they call it a butt on both ends because of the shape of the leg. The top portion on the front leg is called a butt, more specifically a Boston butt, and the rear upper being the ham, and the lower parts of the legs on both front and back are called shank cuts.

I am going to try that next weekend when the kids come over

Comment

We have done this several times and its great each time! Excellent recipe! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X