Need A Wild Turkey Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need A Wild Turkey Recipe

For 4 people. Going on a Turkey hunt next month in Central Texas and will produce an incredible dinner Saturday night, Want to do 2 wild Turkey dishes. First will be Mc. Nuggets. Our kids grew up eating Mc. Nugget dishes. {Duck - Goose - Deer Etc. - - -
    Need another idea for the Turkey, and maybe one veggie idea. Going to do the bacon wrapped green beans with Horse Radish sauce, and Focaccia bread............

Paging Coachs Wife..............

I've never liked wild birds for much other than chicken frying strip like tenders and boiling the legs for soup.

Comment

Last meal was Crawfish Pie.
      The one before was Cioppino.

Really appreciate the free hunt for the wife and I.....

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        I've never liked wild birds for much other than chicken frying strip like tenders and boiling the legs for soup.
        Yup thinking dark stew.........

Comment

Maybe a gumbo?

Comment

Wrap chunks of the breast with bacon and half jalapeno, soak in blue moon or shiner bock...make sop with your beer, butter and onions....

Comment

Wife and I have shot enough a year to make it into meat loaf.
              Looking for something off the hook............

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                For 4 people. Going on a Turkey hunt next month in Central Texas and will produce an incredible dinner Saturday night, Want to do 2 wild Turkey dishes. First will be Mc. Nuggets. Our kids grew up eating Mc. Nugget dishes. {Duck - Goose - Deer Etc. - - -
                Need another idea for the Turkey, and maybe one veggie idea. Going to do the bacon wrapped green beans with Horse Radish sauce, and Focaccia bread............

Paging Coachs Wife..............
                Ahh, you're so kind! I have to admit that my experience with wild turkey is limited, but everything I have made we've loved. Our #1 favorite is the Tequila Lime Grilled Wild Turkey Sandwiches, especially if you can make or buy some Jalapeno Cheddar Buns (recipe linked in the post): http://www.mywildkitchen.com/tequila...ey-sandwiches/

Click image for larger version

Name:	18 Tequila Lime Grilled Wild Turkey Sandwich (800x800) (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	24437221

I also really enjoyed this Wild Turkey Nugget Salad: http://www.mywildkitchen.com/wild-turkey-nugget-salad/

The nuggets would be great alone, with cream gravy or ranch dressing, if you're not into healthy salads.

Name:	27 Wild Turkey Nugget Salad (420x420).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	24437223

This one was good, too. Just don't burn the lemons...

Name:	22 Lemon Rosemary Wild Turkey Breast (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	24437224

Coach and my dad went turkey hunting this morning, but no birds. Hopefully I'll get to play with some new recipes soon, too, if he can find time between tball and track season to bring home the gobblers.

Comment

Ty....................

Comment

I tried this one last year. It was very tasty. I will definitely do it again after I get a turkey this year.

http://www.themeateater.com/2014/wil...-lemon-recipe/

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                      I tried this one last year. It was very tasty. I will definitely do it again after I get a turkey this year.

http://www.themeateater.com/2014/wil...-lemon-recipe/
                      TY............

Comment

I'm going to try this one next

Comment

Working...
                        X