Video Equipment I Use for Self-Filmed Hunts - TBH Video Journal 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Equipment I Use for Self-Filmed Hunts - TBH Video Journal 27

One of the most frequent questions I get is about what equipment I use to film hunts. After I shot my buck at Killin Tree last month, I got footage of the equipment I use and how I typically set it up.

Most of this is new gear that I purchased since the previous season, and part of the reason I started creating the TBH Video Journal is to help more quickly familiarize myself with the cameras, setting and features. I'm obviously still learning!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_FZH6JNQ6o"]Video Equipment I Use for Self-Filmed Hunts (Sony A7Sii and DJI Osmo) TBHVJ 27 - YouTube[/ame]
    My Flickr Photos

Great video! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Just watched and left a comment, thanks for all your great videos!!

Comment

That was cool Boss! Come a long way since the 1st DVD production, "It's All About The Video".

I really like that Osmo. A couple of those on the back side would be the bomb!

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

I need to start the using my go Pro for a reverse angle shot at my feeder

Comment

I gotta have me one of those Osmo's!! Love my go pro's but that thing is AWESOME! Very nice Michael!
              One question...
              Do you do anything special for scent control on the camera/tripods/mounts especially on those that are in your shooting lanes for reverse angle and such? I've had a terribly hard time with animals spooking from my go pros when they get close to 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                I gotta have me one of those Osmo's!! Love my go pro's but that thing is AWESOME! Very nice Michael!
                One question...
                Do you do anything special for scent control on the camera/tripods/mounts especially on those that are in your shooting lanes for reverse angle and such? I've had a terribly hard time with animals spooking from my go pros when they get close to 'em.

They make gimbals for go pros.

I haven't looked at them in a while, maybe someone else or Michael can comment on a good one.

Not sure if you can remotely pan however.

Comment

Great video
                  I enjoyed the info you shared, looking forward to your next one.
                  Thanks for posting it

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Isn't there a video forum on TBH for this?

Comment

Hey Michael that's really cool. I love filming the hunt. I just don't like talking. I sound goofy. Anyway good stuff. Keep um coming. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                          Just watched and left a comment, thanks for all your great videos!!
                          Thanks for the awesome comment! I'll reply there as well!

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          One question...
                          I haven't had much of a problem with that in South Texas, , but I'm still in experimental stage with it.
                          Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post

I haven't looked at them in a while, maybe someone else or Michael can comment on a good one.

They do make some good gimbals for GoPro (and any other camera) but I don't believe any others can be operated remotely.

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
                          Great video
                          I enjoyed the info you shared, looking forward to your next one.
                          Thanks for posting it
                          I'm already editing the next one! Hopefully I can have it up in a couple of days!
                          Originally posted by laredoarcher View Post
                          Hey Michael that's really cool. I love filming the hunt. I just don't like talking. I sound goofy. Anyway good stuff. Keep um coming. Thanks for sharing!
                          Check out our buddy, Robby Ayala'a videos! He has a great style and tells a story with images and music. Ore than with words!
                          Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          Isn't there a video forum on TBH for this?
                          Ownership has its privileges!

Just trying to inject a little bowhunting content into the site.
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Any sneak peeks on the topic of the next video your working on?

I'll second Robby Ayala's videos, I watched him on YouTube and that's what brought me to this sight. Great content on his page.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post

Panning and zooming is what I am most interested in... remotely. I can control my go pros with my cell or with the go pro remote, but go pro's don't zoom...

Comment

Working...
                              X