Learn me about Nitro boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
    Lol..... KVD runs a nitro cause bass pro threw it at him. Theres no loyalty there if you took the money away. He's always been a motorguide guy, minn kota takes over the market with the ultrex and guess who has an ultrex on his bow now?
    Lol yup, pay me that much money and give me a free one every 6 months and i'll tell you a jon boat is the greatest thing ever.

Comment

Lol..... KVD runs a nitro cause bass pro threw it at him. Theres no loyalty there if you took the money away. He's always been a motorguide guy, minn kota takes over the market with the ultrex and guess who has an ultrex on his bow now?
      He's always been a Humminbird guy, AKA Johnson outdoors, who also owns Minn Kota. I'm baffled it took him this long to switch to Minn Kota.

Just because KVD uses something definitely doesn't make it the best. Quantum rods are inferior, their reels are inferior, BPS line is inferior. It is all about the money for him, as it should be.

I would personally buy a Nitro/merc before I bought a Skeeter/sho.
      Last edited by adam_p; 06-29-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I have a 93 Ranger and it is still like brand new. Most likely I will give it to my son once he is of age and go with a Basscat for my final boat. IMHO Basscat makes the best boat right now with there customer service. Phoenix, Ranger and Charger would be the next tier for me.

But look at Falcon Bass boats, they are a new company and I would rather go with them over Nitro. They may not look quite as pretty but offing a big boat for about the same price as Nitro.

Go over to this forum and do some research http://www.bbcboards.net/ that may help you to decide.

Also I am a bit bias, but if you decide you want a cheaper route you can't bet the 90's model of Ranger 300 series. Mine is a 372, been to hell and back but still looks as go as ever.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          $40-$45
          for close to that you could get in a 19' 6" Basscat Pantera classic. they run in the mid 40's

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            He's always been a Humminbird guy, AKA Johnson outdoors, who also owns Minn Kota. I'm baffled it took him this long to switch to Minn Kota.

Just because KVD uses something definitely doesn't make it the best. Quantum rods are inferior, their reels are inferior, BPS line is inferior. It is all about the money for him, as it should be.

I would personally buy a Nitro/merc before I bought a Skeeter/sho.

I agree with it all except for the nitro over skeeter Haha I guess that's the speed freak in me and always running a skeeter since I remember being in a boat.

I've ran just about every outboard out there and I still prefer Yamahas. The new Merc 4 stroke XS have me interested though.

Comment

I agree with it all except for the nitro over skeeter Haha I guess that's the speed freak in me and always running a skeeter since I remember being in a boat.

I've ran just about every outboard out there and I still prefer Yamahas. The new Merc 4 stroke XS have me interested though.
              $1,000 control panels that were going out left and right in Skeeters, the top cap separating from the hull on my buddies new skeeter, the welds breaking on his trailer, another buddy won a skeeter at BC championship and every light had popped out of the the trailer when they got it home, then the no oil drain plug on the SHO, super loose SHO motor mounts where the engine looks like it is going to fall off. Skeeter is literally one of the last boats I would consider.

Comment

Craftsmanship isn't great and the ride sucks

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                  $1,000 control panels that were going out left and right in Skeeters, the top cap separating from the hull on my buddies new skeeter, the welds breaking on his trailer, another buddy won a skeeter at BC championship and every light had popped out of the the trailer when they got it home, then the no oil drain plug on the SHO, super loose SHO motor mounts where the engine looks like it is going to fall off. Skeeter is literally one of the last boats I would consider.
                  The control panels, I get on some models, heck, i made my own control panel after I found out how much the touchpads were. Same with basscats but at least theirs only cost an arm and not an arm and a leg.

Havent had an issues with my buddies fx20 so far but knock on wood.

The EZ loader trailers were/are complete garbage but the trailers that skeeter has been pumping out of their factory are awesome. I've been lucky and the trailers that came on our skeeters were aftermarket aluminum coastlines.

Guess I've gotten lucky in the past, havent owned one with a SHO on it but ive heard the same complaints. I've only run 2 Merc Pro XS and they were great, everything else I've run was a Yamaha 4 stroke non sho and the series 2 vmax

Comment

One of my favorite parts about Bullets is the toggle switch controls. Touch panels are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cull hunter View Post
                      skeeter.
                      First one that pops up is $81,999, wow. Crazy prices on fishing boats.

Comment

I have a 2004 Nitro NX898 with a Mercury Optimax 225. I have never had one issue with this boat. If I was to buy another new boat I would go back with the Nitro Z21 with a 250 on it. I do have the Intercoastal edition which means I don’t have carpet and stainless hardware and a Galvanized trailer. I have been thinking about a new boat but why do I need one. The one I have has zero issues and no PAYMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
                          First one that pops up is $81,999, wow. Crazy prices on fishing boats.
                          Look at the 50th edition of the Ranger $115,000

Comment

Here is one to keep your eye on

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Sold pending funds, that went quick!!

Growing up we had an early/mid 90s Nitro, that thing was a fish catching machine, it needed some trailer work when we sold it but it was also a very old trailer that had seen a lot of miles! Now my uncle has a 21’ Skeeter with a 300 on the back, that boat rides awesome and can move across the lake like no other!

Comment

I heard that new Mercury is having problems. Say it ain't so.

Comment

Working...
                                X