Gov Abbott , Bars to stay Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Yea, me too... 'cept that "hunt deer in Mexico part"... err-body knows we ain't spos'd ta do dat!
    Only crazy do that!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
      If one less innocent person dies because of a drunk driver or one less spouse or child gets abused from a drunk coming home from a bar then this may be the best unintended consequence of covid.
      Thats insane. Why not shut down all traffic because then no more traffic deaths regardless of whether they occurred from a drunk driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        What's stranger is the tubing and floating outfitters to remain closed also? Don't see much floating in the fall.

This was a gift to the tree huggers.

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
          TABC can and will revoke their license. The have already done it.
          At this point what do they have to lose? All the bars need to open and send an effing message. You now how bad that will make the TABC look if they revoked every bars licence in the state. They won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            At this point what do they have to lose? All the bars need to open and send an effing message. You now how bad that will make the TABC look if they revoked every bars licence in the state. They won't do it.
            The problem is the people who own the bar, what types of lawsuits will they open themselves up to from employees? All employees will talk a big game about being ready to go back to work, then one gets the 'rona and next thing you know, a lawsuit is filed against the bar owner.

What about insurance policies for those bars? I bet liability gets thrown on the owner if they defy state laws and edicts, no matter who they are written by and how stupid and subjective the rules are.

What about if the TABC revokes those bar's licenses? The bar owner than has a staff he now needs to say hey, sorry but none of you can work because I was stubborn and wanted to open.

It sucks, but it's not black and white, and bar owners are in a tough spot. And few have the means to say screw it, I am opening, and I don't care what happens to me.

Comment

TABC makes the majority of their money off of bars. Hence the tax stamp on bottles sold to bars. It would be suicidal for TABC to crack down on bars too hard.

Comment

Which is precisely why all these bars need a voice fighting for them. These bars need to join together and all open on the same day and REFUSE to close.

Comment

I’m afraid my days of being “voice of the bar” are behind me, but boy there was a time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha you and me both, brother.

Comment

Working...
                    X