Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cape Buffalo with a longbow. Let the adventure begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be the hunt of a lifetime for sure. Cant wait to read about the adventure.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2184413b-c090-483a-a149-89beaffde34d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	24550215

Name:	7c73f566-866a-4904-887c-7aa53f4b5e5c.jpg
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	24550216

Got a couple pics from a scouting trip/blind build a couple days ago. Every picture I’ve looked at of these animals makes my heart start to race and makes me even more ready to get there. I’ve told him from the beginning, I don’t have to have a 40”+ bull or whatever most would consider a trophy caliber animal. If that happens, so be it, but really want an old, solid, hard bossed bull really regardless of width. Irregardless of size, I’ve yet to see see a pic of one that looks like its happy it’s picture just got taken!

Name:	934fe854-2177-4e08-a111-850a56e2cd87.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	24550217

Name:	80e3a9af-b4cc-4818-8891-257c09df0471.jpg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	24550218

Name:	35b10aa4-086e-4fb1-9e3e-7a546915f03c.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	24550219

They built a new blind with the base 6ft off the ground so a little bit of comfort level can be added in case they come our way! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting really good now!!!!

Comment

They should've used bigger or steel posts if you wanted some chance of refuge.[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

from the book "Death in the Long Grass", Capstick says that Cape Buffalo look at you like you owe them money.

Comment

This is so freakin' awesome. I read all of Capstick's books growing up, and buff is number one on my list over there. Can't wait to see more of this adventure. Wish you all the luck, a perfect arrow, and a short blood trail!

Comment

They DO have a mean look, I'd like my blind to be a little more reinforced.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post

He won’t have anything to worry about. Lammie will have a BIG rifle with him!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by loco cacahuate View Post
                    from the book "Death in the Long Grass", Capstick says that Cape Buffalo look at you like you owe them money.
                    Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                    This is so freakin' awesome. I read all of Capstick's books growing up, and buff is number one on my list over there. Can't wait to see more of this adventure. Wish you all the luck, a perfect arrow, and a short blood trail!

That is where my obsession with Africa stems from (along with seeing the place for the first time in person and being consumed by it ever since). First book I ever read from cover to cover was "Death in the Long Grass" and have always dreamed about chasing buffalo because of it.

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                    Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    He won’t have anything to worry about. Lammie will have a BIG rifle with him!!!!

Bisch

Not sure if being off the ground a few feet or being in a blind on the ground is better with them dang critters.
                    And I truly hope the BIG gun don't have to be used..

Comment

Originally posted by loco cacahuate View Post
                      I've read his books and they are awesome. The chapter on leopards was amazing!

Comment

Awesome. Can't wait

Comment

Getting closer and the PH is now "baiting" his hunter.
                          I am ready to read the report while drooling over the LDP.

Comment

Sitting here, I pulled up my flights to look over seat assignments and a few other details, and happened to see this. EXACTLY two weeks from now I will be lifting off on the first leg of this journey. This whole thing has literally been a dream in the making the last two years and here I sit on the fast downhill slide of things.
                            It’s honestly hard to wrap my mind around what all has went into this one hunt. I’ve prepared for hunts before and read about and talked to many folks who’ve prepped for a big hunt, but going through it all myself has been an experience in itself and I’ve learned a lot along the way with the help of more folks than I could count on all my fingers and toes! In the last 7 months, I’ve went from shooting 47lbs to 76+ lbs comfortably on a daily basis, changed from split finger to 3 under, swapped from instinctive to gap shooting, and went from looking at the gym across the parking lot to being in the gym 4+ days a week. I’ve taken notes along the way on most all of it and flip through them to check back on things that has/hasn’t worked. I was looking at my workout notes today after I finished up and was shocked how far I’ve come in that alone, and have no doubt that it has been one of the most beneficial things I’ve done in this journey. It’s crazy how much a fella will put his body through in order to make it grow and do things it normally shouldn’t do (like shooting a dang 76lb longbow!). [emoji16]

These last two weeks are fly by, or they are going to be slower than molasses dripping out of a bottle up at the North Pole outside in the middle of winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope to see you smiling in a LDP to make it worth all the preparations.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I got confidence in both Lammie and you, Shiloh!

Good luck, and send me pics!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X