Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moultrie does not recomend duracell batteries ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moultrie does not recomend duracell batteries ????

My brother was seeing if he could revive his old moultrie m880 when he heard a "hissing" sound...it was a battrey spewing acid.

It was a duracell battery. He ask moultrie about them and they said they do not recomend duracell due to their duralock technology. Said it messes with thhe amperage.

Anyone else hear of this. Duracell is all i have been using. But my old moultries are failing me as well. I really liked the older moultries.

Just moultrie pass the buck on their poor made newer products

Comment

Have 6 moultrie cameras and only Duracell with no issues.

Comment

I had a Magnum feeder timer that didn't recommend Duracell too. It used the 6 volt batteries though.

Comment

Hmm first I've heard of it.

Comment

Hell I roll with the harbor freight alkalines with a 20% of coupon and like the results..

Comment

I have 2 browning cameras, the first one stopped taking nite pictures. I contacted browning and the first thing they asked me was what batteries I use. I said Duracell. They said there cameras would sometimes stop taking nite pictures with Duracell batteries when they were below 60 percent. I switched to energizer and 2 years later still working fine.

Comment

I've got a couple packages of duracell. guess I will use them up and start using something else. I may touch base with Duracell & see if they have any words of wisdom...

Probably say not to use Moultrie...bad for the battery

Comment

I've heard the same from a buddy with Spypoint cameras. He called Spypoint & they said no Duracell batteries. His camera was acting up, he changed the batteries and no more probs. I've used exclusively for several years without problems in lots of different cameras but will change brands when I run out of the metric ton of them I have.

Comment

Originally posted by mbcajun View Post
                    I have 2 browning cameras, the first one stopped taking nite pictures. I contacted browning and the first thing they asked me was what batteries I use. I said Duracell. They said there cameras would sometimes stop taking nite pictures with Duracell batteries when they were below 60 percent. I switched to energizer and 2 years later still working fine.
                    Alright, you probably saved me some trouble. I also have 2 Browning cameras that stopped taking night pictures within a couple days of each other. I just set em to the side and used a couple retired cameras during the off season. I was gonna reach out to Browning to see if there was an update or something I was needing, not sure if that's even a thing on these cameras. The Browning cameras have Duracell, but I'm going to switch em and check it out. Thanks!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

BS, The only batteries I've had issues with are Energizers. Duracells have proved most reliable and consistent with at least 10 different types of trail cams for me

Comment

I prefer Duracells in my 7 year old Moultries. C Batteries last up to 6 months. The energizers do not work as well. No to Rayovac batteries 2 month duration.

Comment

I have not had any issues, but now I am kinda spooked by all the complaints I've seen by a simple google check.

However, most of these are older and I could probably find complaints on just about anything. If nothing else, I will be inspecting my battery powered devices.

Comment

I only use Lithium's AA, I don't buy cameras that don't use AA. They do not leak and last forever and weigh nothing..

RD

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X