trump, kim jong meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Looks like Trump cancelled the meeting to me.

I still say that it happens at some point in DJTs tenure. So far he has gotten hostages released, a NK nuke site destroyed, NK and SK to meet, and opened a dialogue with the fat man over twitter (), based on a few of the past winners, I am ready to give him the nobel peace prize already
    I believe it will happen at some point as well. Rocket man has to somehow figure out how he can capitulate to the US and still remain the God of his people.

Comment

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un made good on his promise to demolish his country’s nuclear test site, which was formally closed in a series of huge explosions Thursday as a group of foreign journalists looked on.......

North Korea’s state media called the closure of the site part of a process to build “a nuclear-free, peaceful world” and “global nuclear disarmament.”

“The dismantling of the nuclear test ground conducted with high-level transparency has clearly attested once again to the proactive and peace-loving efforts of the DPRK government being made for assuring peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula and over the world,” the North’s official news agency reported late Thursday.

But even as North Korea made good on its gesture of detente, it lobbed a verbal salvo at Washington, calling Vice President Mike Pence a “political dummy” and saying it is just as ready to meet in a nuclear confrontation as at the negotiating table.

PUNGGYE-RI, North Korea (AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un made good on his promise to demolish his country's nuclear test site, which was formally closed in a series of huge explosions Thursday as a small group of foreign journalists watched.

Just curious to see what others take is on this (as I am sure some will disagree with me)

I read it as NK very publicly demolished it nuke testing site, made a public commitment to peace, then Kim got the Art of the Deal broken over his bowl cut. I mean I just dont see how Kim is in a position of power here. OK now, tell me how wrong I am.

Comment

Art of the deal....

Comment

What are they down to now.....10 grains rice/per person/per day? They need this. We don't.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Art of the deal....
            Yessir. Kim doesn't hold the cards we do and we just took ours off the table. Let us know when you want to be a good little boy and play right Kim.

Comment

~They stated NK went radio silent over the past week after the secret meeting with China & trying to finalize June 12th details.

~Although I doubt it would have changed anything that happened today, Pence didn't do any favors saying we could can always go with the mummer gaddafi option.

~NK blows up a worthless test facility mountain in a show of good faith & wasted some perfectly good explosives.

~China disinvited from major military exercise.

~NK says come to the table or let's play nukes...we gone, your move rocket man.

the funnest part of this whole deal is seeing the libs originally go ape-chit over even having the meeting in the first place with Trump being to aggressive & stupid to have the meeting in such short order with a June 12th date!! Now his letter was a hallmark card being a wimp and to walk away from the important meeting?? Truly foolish.

Garguy has it right...it's all negotiation tactics but tend to lean that China had a big hand here. One thing is for sure, there is a new Sheriff in town & the world is now REALLY taking notice. We upset our allies across the pond with Iran & now walking away from NK with all the cards.

It's refreshing seeing a potus have some actual cajones & doing what he feels is best for the US. I'm sure SK is a little skittish & feels like they got dropped in the grease, but this just reinforces my humble opinion of how a US president should handle dealing with thugs. Trump isn't going to be sucker punched & the US no longer looks weak & the apology tour is OVER!! I'm sure many will not agree but I'm diggin it.

It's depressing to see the political opposition & MSM behave & come across like a cheer squad for NK only because of their loathing for Trump.

Any guesses on what Rocket man's next move is?? Pelosi stated he is clicking his heels & won today...frick'n unbelievable what comes from that forked tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Looks like Trump cancelled the meeting to me.

I still say that it happens at some point in DJTs tenure. So far he has gotten hostages released, a NK nuke site destroyed, NK and SK to meet, and opened a dialogue with the fat man over twitter (), based on a few of the past winners, I am ready to give him the nobel peace prize already
                That's exactly the right move on Trump's part.

If Kim acts like a child, he doesn't get to sit at the adult's table.

What would 0bama have done in this situation?

Comment

Yeah, Trump is lagging way behind our last few Presidents in N Korea deals........

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

he would have drawn another red line and told them not to cross it again.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                      he would have drawn another red line and told them not to cross it again.
                      Accompanied by a cowardly bow like he’s used to doing to every bully he’s ever came across.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

Given him $150 billion dollars to be his friend.

Comment

NK has extended a withered olive branch in desperation.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            NK has extended a withered olive branch in desperation.
                            Trump is playing this hand like a pro. I think i saw this one on World Series Of Poker last year.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Trump is playing this hand like a pro. I think i saw this one on World Series Of Poker last year.
                              Trump absolutely playing poker like a champ.. slow playing royal flush ...steady eyes...no tell ..selling it hard...

Too bad the game is Yutnori.

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see which Republican camp has it figured out on North Korea. If this were a bet, not sure who I'd put my money on. GOP strategist and Never-Trump stalwart, Rick Wilson, lambasted Trump Nation this morning over this and "Spygate".

Trump’s land of delusion: Disregard the sycophants; the wheels are coming off, if they were ever on

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/t...icle-1.4010243

"...Something else happened last week, and it wasn't just bad for Trump. It was bad for the world.

Trump's diplomatic pratfall on North Korea forced a pullout from the summit he had sold as the best thing since Trump University, and came just weeks after his breathless followers demanded that the Nobel Institute give Trump the Peace Prize. They did everything but fuel up Air Force One for a trip to Oslo, believing the deal to strip North Korea of its nuclear arsenal and intercontinental ballistic missiles to be done (Trump had basically tweeted as much), with nothing left to do but raise a champagne toast in Singapore.

Almost no one in the diplomatic, military or intelligence community believed for a moment that Kim Jong Un would fulfill his promises; Kim is a con man, conning a con man. Trump never understood that he is the mark in this con game, played by Kim with a helpful assist from Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Of course, North Korea never, ever intended to give up its nuclear arsenal, to end its long history of murderous oppression of its suffering people, or in any other way give Trump a diplomatic win. Kim's bad faith was never a question to anyone but Trump. It was a certainty. Furthermore, China never intended to help Trump win a major diplomatic victory, or to unify Korea.

No, Trump fans, it's not 87-dimensional chess. There's no secret plan, no hidden strategy. Trump is a man who sees everything through the dumb lens of reality television, New York tabloid spritzing, professional wrestling kayfabe and an utterly misplaced belief that he is a master negotiator.

He's a man of notably grotesque ignorance who refuses to read even the crayon picture-book version of the President's Daily Brief, and who is contemptuous of both the intelligence community and American diplomats.

Of course the Multi-dimensional Chess Club is insisting that even Trump's most evident and egregious failures are part of some subtle, esoteric master plan that only he can perceive. While earlier this month they were cheering for the Trump Nobel Peace Prize, last week they were cheering his "my nuke is bigger than your nuke" threats and claiming this was his plan all along.

His North Korean reaction was pure emotion, all impulse and no judgment. Just like his responses to Cohen's new perils, the looming Mueller investigation, the failures of his superstar legal team to close down the Russia probe, his desire to corrupt and suborn the Justice Department and the intelligence community to protect him from the special counsel are all signs of his contempt for the rule of law.

Your rational mind knows why Trump is doing all of this, but the stress of seeing him lure 40% of the American people into a trap from which there is no escape is often painful to watch. As an anthropologist of Trump and Trumpism, sometimes I feel as if the best thing I do is to remind you that it's all a lie.

No matter how much he spins it, no matter how many cute brand names and catchphrases he tries to jam into the media flow, at his core, Donald Trump is a man in a rising sea of legal peril, political risk and catastrophic failures. This explains his increasingly erratic behavior and dangerous efforts to corrupt the special counsel process, the Justice Department, and American institutions more broadly.

We can be dragged down into Trump's wilderness of mirrors , or we can take a deep breath and appreciate just how truly terrible his week was. With Trump, it's always the worst week, since the last week.

At least next week is Infrastructure Week. We'll always have Infrastructure Week."

Wilson is a Republican political strategist.

Comment

Working...
                                X