Comment

That is AWESOME!!

Comment

Great Deer!!! Congratulations .......

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Chupacabre....
              Lmfao

Are u in any contest ? If so what division ?
              Last edited by Breezy; 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Congrats on a great buck, D. In my humble opinion, a 200" deer deserves kudos and congrats. However, without you sharing the story, we really don't know what to congratulate you for. Like it or not, when you post a buck like that on a public forum, stating you looked for a couple days, then found him, many (including me) will assume the extreme...small pasture and a bottle raised buck.

I would suggest to all of us...give some details, rather than vagueness.

Public land east Tx? Once in several lifetimes!!!!

Low fence ANYWHERE - awesome!

High Fence, native? Awesome mngt and land stewardship...testament to your hard work!

High fence with supplimental genetics? Love it! Most all of us would LOVE to have the ranch and the means to do so.

Pen raised buck that's not near the quality to justify keeping alive as a breeder? Not my thing, but I sure as **** don't judge you one way or another. Just be up front and proud of whatever you have to be proud of...share it with us and let us be proud with you.

Give the naysayers a reason to believe something OTHER than your stealthy and accomplished hunting skills enabled you to put an arrow through a pet deer.

I knew this thread was disaster in the making before I finished your original post.

Let me know if you want me to do a Euro on him. You can shoulder mount the replicas.

Www.texaswildwood.com.

Thanks,
                Trey
                Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 10-25-2012, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Wow, truly amazing.

Comment

What a terrible thread. The audacity is AWESOME. Normally not one to get upset about anything, but between the open thread comments from a few, and the PM's from a half dozen..This will be the last time I post a picture of ANY deer on our place on this board.

But I will attempt to set the record straight for those of you that feel as if you are entitled to knowing my families business simply because I posted a picture of a really neat deer.

To classify myself as Tex_Cattleman wishes, we are high-fenced (which I already said) and we introduced genetics. But, that deer is a wild deer. As wild as any of y'alls. He's "unnatural" as some have said. That is because for two straight years he has shed his antlers with severe pedical damage. Broken out of his skull with almost golf-ball sized chunks of skull attached to the bottoms of his pedicals. I can put both years sets of matching sheds in your hands and let you see for yourself. THAT is why he looks so "unique", not because of his genetics, or because he's pen released, or whatever. Y'all can roll your eyes all you want at any part of this, go right ahead. I guess I'm just an oddball on here for not divulging that information from the start. But I'm smart enough, and respectful enough to my family to not run my mouth on the open internet about any of our business. Apparently, as some would say, I'm "burdened" and have an obligation to do just that?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                        What a terrible thread. The audacity is AWESOME. Normally not one to get upset about anything, but between the open thread comments from a few, and the PM's from a half dozen..This will be the last time I post a picture of ANY deer on our place on this board.

But I will attempt to set the record straight for those of you that feel as if you are entitled to knowing my families business simply because I posted a picture of a really neat deer.

To classify myself as Tex_Cattleman wishes, we are high-fenced (which I already said) and we introduced genetics. But, that deer is a wild deer. As wild as any of y'alls. He's "unnatural" as some have said. That is because for two straight years he has shed his antlers with severe pedical damage. Broken out of his skull with almost golf-ball sized chunks of skull attached to the bottoms of his pedicals. I can put both years sets of matching sheds in your hands and let you see for yourself. THAT is why he looks so "unique", not because of his genetics, or because he's pen released, or whatever. Y'all can roll your eyes all you want at any part of this, go right ahead. I guess I'm just an oddball on here for not divulging that information from the start. But I'm smart enough, and respectful enough to my family to not run my mouth on the open internet about any of our business. Apparently, as some would say, I'm "burdened" and have an obligation to do just that?
                        Don't sweat the small stuff. most of us are just jealous. I for one would love to keep seeing pictures of deer that big.

Comment

D I think it's a beautiful buck! Congrats! I'd rather not read a story than to read a made up story... Like others have done recently.

Comment

very nice. Thank you for sharing

Comment

WOW Daddy that is one awesome buck! I don't care what tag number was on his ear - he's #1 in my book! WOW! I can't stop looking at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post

If you introduced genetics, how do you know the deer is wild? DNA? I like the white horns too
                                Last edited by dozer; 10-25-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X