No announcement yet.

Best fixed blade broadhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to throw my hat in the ring with the other Slick Trick shooters. I started shooting them 3 years ago and have never had a single reason to change to anything else.

Comment

I just bought some steel force fat heads in 100 grain put them on and they flew strait and dead on. So did the 125

Comment

NAP NITRON. Flies like fieldpoint, short like field point so Balence is same

Comment

Originally posted by keep View Post
          My view is this: ST has steel ferrule and Muzzy's have Aluminum. ST blades are thicker I believe but check that to be certain.
          I will say this about Muzzy's, if there is a BH mfg out there that has figured out a serviceable AL ferrule muzzy has.
          Is price that different?
          Paid 20 for my MZ (100 grain 4 blade), 30 for ST

Comment

I've had the G5 montec and loved them, decided to try something new this year... Crimson Talon XT suppose to have a spiral effect

They might have got me on all the cool advertising I have seen for them, but I'm hoping they are as good as they claim!

Comment

Originally posted by texast224 View Post
              Paid 20 for my MZ (100 grain 4 blade), 30 for ST
              Guess the tip of the MZ can fold over if you hit a shoulder blade or something with the split AL ferrel versus the solid steel one piece ST.

Comment

Been using cheap carbon experss 4 blade with good results

Comment

Guess the tip of the MZ can fold over if you hit a shoulder blade or something with the split AL ferrel versus the solid steel one piece ST.
                  Brother over the last 25 years I have blasted a many of muzzy thru alotta different bones and most have came out unscaved. Ive broke some blades sure but I have also broke some ST blades as well. Both are awesome heads.

Comment

Won't happen in an animal. Shot them quite a few years and would be 100% confident using them again. Lodged one in a galvanized steel cattle gate up to the middle of the ferrule. Damaged the blades prying it out but the tip and ferrule were like new.

Not sure what the "best" is but alot of good heads out there.

Comment

Thunder Head

Comment

Magnus stinger Buzzcuts for me.

Comment

Guess I'll pick up some ST's and Muzzy to see what I like best.

Comment

SilverFlame XL's two blade penetration and 1.5" diameter. Hard to beat so far, I might go with my single bevel abowyer though, have yet to see them in action. But if I shoot either of them through a compound its going to be at something big, lots bigger than white-tail.

Comment

Another vote here for the slick tricks. I've been using them now for 4 years and they have been excellent. I have been experimenting with the G5 Striker Magnums though. So far 5 hogs and one bear have not made it further than 25 yards after being hit.

Comment

Snuffer, sharpen with a large file. Old bowhunter turned me onto these a long time ago. He said when you cut yourself with and razor sharp blade it does not start bleeding right away, takes a few minutes for the blood to flow. If you cut yourself with an old jagged piece of metal you bleed like a stuck hog. Never lost a deer with the snuffers. Started shooting them when you had to glue them onto the tapered ferrels. That was a long time ago. But broad heads are kind of like bullets, all of them will get the job done, just got to make sure you put it in the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X